FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aquos LX3

<<

Dono

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Aquos LX3

First of all, let me express my gratitude for a wonderful application. It runs well and integrates extremely well with my TV.

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-40LX3. The DLNA certificate is available here:
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG40657808.pdf.

According to this, it supports the following:
Image: JPEG_MED, JPEG_SM
Audio: LPCM, MP3
Video: MPEG_PS_NTSC, MPEG_TS_JP_T

This is a Japanese model since I live in Japan.

With a bit of experimentation and trial and error, I have created a minimal, basic profile for this.
  Code:
  <Profile id="14" name="Sharp Aquos Quattron LX3" extendsProfileId="1">
    <Detection>
      <HttpHeaders>
        <User-Agent>.*SHARP-AQUOS.*</User-Agent>
      </HttpHeaders>
    </Detection>
    <DeviceDescription>
      <FriendlyName>Aquos Quattron LX3</FriendlyName>
      <ModelName>LC-40LX3</ModelName>
    </DeviceDescription>
    <Transcoding>
      <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="mp2">
        <Matches container="avi" />
      </Video>
    </Transcoding>
    <AutomaticImageRotation>true</AutomaticImageRotation>
    <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
  </Profile>

This seems to be working fine for me.

Thanks goes to another thread (http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2341) which helped me with the detection. With this setup, it is automatically detected upon service startup. Just like there, the Intel Device Spy does not detect the TV.

I had a bit of trouble with the Transcoding element. Since the device supports MPEG_TS_JP_T and MP3, I spent a bit of time trying to configure it with targetContainer="mpegts" and targetACodec="mp3". But no combinations worked. I must not understand the correspondance between the DLNA certificate and the profile. While it is working, is this really the optimal setup?

Also, I reviewed the documentation and examples, but I am unsure if I need to re-define any MediaFormatProfile elements.

This profile is still fairly basic, but I would appreciate any comments, optimizations, or suggestions.

Please feel free to reuse this profile as desired. I would assume that this would work for the other LX3 models as well: LC-46LX3, LC-52LX3, and LC-60LX3.

Regards.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Aquos LX3

you won't need DeviceDescription element.

You're transcoding all avi's to mpeg2 which should be served as MPEG_PS_NTSC and MPEG_PS_PAL. You sere the avi's don't play natively? Sometimes some files can be played even though they are not 'officially' supported.

Return to Transcoding