FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Android transcoding profile

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Android transcoding profile

If everyone who uses an android device would give the following information we can develop a profile that has the following information.

Type of Device:

Types of videos that you can get to play on your Android and the App that you use to play them. It would be great if you can give the container, video codec and audio codec. If you can get sub titles working please let us know also. Also look at the serviio console and see what profile is selected for your android device and post that information also. differnet profiles transcode different files.

The information on video file that you cannot get to play. See signature on how to get the info. I have found so far that dfferent apps seem to play different files.

With everyones help we can get a good profile working that allows the best viewing experience on our Android devices.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

rgalverson

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:05 am

Re: Android transcoding profile

Hi,

I have a MyTouch 4G and connect to Serviio using UPnPlay. With a completely vanilla profile I can play .mp4 files. I think the built-in "Media Room" player works for those, but usually I use MoboPlay. I have tried to put in a transcode for .wtv support, but it doesn't really work. It will transcode and attempt to play, but the video is about 1/2 speed and the sound gets ahead and stops. I played with limiting the video bitrate but that did not seem to have an impact. I manually transcoded with ffmpeg and downsizing from 1080i to 854x480 yielded playable video. Unfortunately Serviio does not currently support changing the size.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Android transcoding profile

I have been using Arc Media for playing my videos. It supports alot of formats. I also have been using Upnplay

Code:
wide variety of video formats, including AVI, DIVX, MKV, MOV, MP4, RMVB, WMV, VOB and XVID
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Transcoding