Where should I put the code for transcoding

<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:50 am

Where should I put the code for transcoding

Hello together,

sorry for the bad question...

I found a lot of code to transcode the audio formats.

But where should I put the code? I don't find optons or something like that...

Im using Ubuntu on Raspberry Pi and also Windows. My target is to convert DTS to AC3 or any other format.

Thanks for help.

Greetings
Chris
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:18 pm

Re: Where should I put the code for transcoding

This page (https://www.serviio.org/index.php?optio ... icle&id=24) provides the basics of building a profile, the various options, and so on. Remember that when creating the profile that the first match found will be used, and the rest ignored. So placement in the profile might make a difference for you.

For example, the Roku doesn't support VC-1 video, regardless of the container. So that is the very first Matches line in my Roku profiles. If I put it further down, one of the lines that matches the audio codec would catch it, and then it wouldn't be playable.

Once you've build something, post it here and we can see if there's anything we can suggest to improve it. Make sure you let us know what player you're building it for.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:00 am

Thanks for the answer.

And sorry for the long time I need but I didn't have time to test it till now.

So now I have a problem. I've added the code as you can see in the picture "profile.png".

But now Serviio-Console doens't work. It always comes the message taht it cant reach the server. When I delete my code it still works.

Can you see what I did wrong?
Attachments
Profile.PNG
Profile.PNG (57.9 KiB) Viewed 12657 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:10 pm

Well, first I suggest you experiment with your profile in a separate file called user-profiles.xml. Then you aren't messing with the existing profiles. You appear to have modified the generic profile, or at least inserted your code in front of the generic profile, which you should never do. So first things first, restore the profile file, then we can look at what you are trying to do.

You should always start a profile by extending a previous profile, even if it's the generic profile. The generic profile (id=1) includes a lot of basic stuff that all other profiles need to know, so by extending from another you don't have to duplicate that info.

Don't give your profile ID the number 0. Instead use a name as you did on the same line. In fact, that might be the major problem, as you've included the Profile ID tag twice.

Now, I'm not certain it's critical, but your first line is not in the same sequence as all other profiles. This is the correct sequence:

Code:
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="512">

At first glance, everything else looks OK. But fix the above issues and try it again.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:36 am

Thanks for yoour help.
I've tested it and i still have the same problem.
Attachments
profiles.PNG
profiles.PNG (54.92 KiB) Viewed 12641 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:11 pm

You still have your profile as the very first profile in the file. You can't do that. The Generic profile has to be the first one read by Serviio, then all remaining profiles are processed. Again, take your profile out of the profiles.xml file and create a new file (in the same folder) called user-profiles.xml. Add the first two lines:
  Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Profiles version="1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.serviio.org/xsd/profiles/v/2.0/Profiles.xsd">

Leave some space, then put this line at the bottom:
  Code:
</Profiles>

Now place your profile in the space you left between the <Profiles> tags.

Restart Serviio, then see if it works. If not, upload your Serviio log file here and we can likely find the reason.
Dan

<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:41 am

Danke für deine Atwort hab es nun so gemacht hab aber leider immer noch das gleiche Problem.
Attachments
user-profiles.xml
User-Profile
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:13 pm

Had to use a web translator, so I assume I understand it's still not working.

I can't see any issue with your test profile, other than you didn't reference the generic profile. The first line should say this:

Code:
Profile id="test" name="Samsung Q Test Profile" id="SamsungQTestp"   extendsProfileId="1">

I can't say if that's the issue. I would need to see your Serviio log to look for an error loading the file.
Dan

<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Hier anbei mein log.
Da kommen jedenfalls Fehlermeldungen an.
Attachments
log.PNG
log.PNG (99.72 KiB) Viewed 12609 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Had to translate what you said again. Sorry, I only speak English. :D

OK, I see the mistake. I should have caught it before. You have the ID tag in the header twice, at least on the last user-profiles.xml file you uploaded here. And I see that I doubled the error by including it in my suggestion. Sorry about that. You likely have this line, that I gave you in error:
  Code:
Profile id="test" name="Samsung Q Test Profile" id="SamsungQTestp"   extendsProfileId="1">

and all it should have is:
  Code:
Profile id="SamsungQTestp" name="Samsung Q Test Profile"  extendsProfileId="1">

My apologies for completely overlooking that before.
Dan

<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:48 am

Oh sorry sometimes I forgot it.

So now it works. Serviio-Console is opening.

But at my TV I have the same Problem there occurs the message "Audio file is not supported".

Should I also make same changes in this window?
Attachments
ServiioTranscoding.PNG
ServiioTranscoding.PNG (47.36 KiB) Viewed 12602 times
<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:53 am

In the following picture you could see the media info of the file.

I think the problem is "AVC". How should I edit my file that it works with AVC and mkv or more?
Attachments
MediaInfo.PNG
MediaInfo.PNG (18.46 KiB) Viewed 12601 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:10 pm

AVC is video, and you are having an issue with audio. AVC is also known as H.264. Seeing your media info, I believe the issue is your media has DTS audio. Very few TVs can decode DTS. Just so I know exactly what you have now in your user-profiles.xml file, would you attach it here again, and then we can determine the best way to capture the audio and transcode it to AC3.
Dan

<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Here are my both xml-files.
Attachments
profiles.xml
(183.59 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
user-profiles.xml
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:22 am

Chris90 wrote:Here are my both xml-files.

OK, let's try this. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I reordered your Matches lines to show the container first, then the video codec, and then the audio codec. This matches all of the profiles included in Serviio. You already have lines to capture lossless audio (Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio) as well as standard DTS. So the files that aren't giving you sound should be audio transcoded into Dolby Digital. I have many such lines in the Roku profiles, and they all do as expected. Like I said, maybe the order doesn't matter, but try putting this one in place of your current user-profiles.xml file.

Make sure you have the "Samsung Q Test Profile" selected for your TV in the Serviio console. I went crazy working on a profile once when my changes weren't having any effect. I finally discovered I had selected the wrong profile for the device I was testing. :P
Attachments
user-profiles.xml
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Dan

<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:40 am

OK sry for the bad question.

Where Is the opiniion in Serviio-Console to select this profile?

I didn't find anything like that.

In one of the last messages I also ask you if I have to do any settings in the serviio-console Window.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:50 pm

Profiles are assigned in the Serviio console on the Status tab. Once they've been assigned to a device, the profile remains assigned to that device at that IP address. If the IP address changes, then Serviio will again assign the detected profile, which might not be the one you desire.

Find your device in the list on the Status page, then click Edit. In the Edit window, click the profile box and a list of profiles appears. Choose the one you want to use (in this case your test profile), then click OK, then click Save when you return to the Status tab. Your test profile will now be used for that player. If you weren't making this assignment before, that could explain why it hasn't been working. :D And you're right. You did ask that before, and I missed your question. Sorry!
Dan

<<

Chris90

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Now it works. Thank you for all!! :D
<<

ELIOTRADI

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:01 pm

Im using Ubuntu on Raspberry Pi and also Windows. My target is to convert DTS to AC3 or any other format.

Return to Transcoding