FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

audio subtitles

<<

louspag@hotmail.com

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:30 pm

audio subtitles

I'm having an issue with when subtitles appear. If i turn on subtitles I get them for everything and not just the foreign language when spoken. I have a couple of movies that used to only show English subtitles when a foreign language was spoken in previous version of serviio (v 1.10). I'm on version 2 and I have not found the correct combination of subtitle selections in the console to only get the subtitles when foreign language is spoken. Any help is appreciated.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:24 pm

Re: audio subtitles

There is no such option in Serviio, nor any other DLNA server I'm aware of. If you select to burn in subtitles (that's all you can do in the console), you only get the caption track that is marked as default. Depending on the video, that may or may not be a foreign language.

If there are multiple subtitle tracks in your media, your only option is to use a player that supports selecting the caption track and choose the track you desire. Also be aware that if your video requires transcoding, there will be no option at all to choose a caption track.

The player I've used that works the best for selecting captions is the Nvidia Shield, with Kodi as the software player. It plays everything without transcoding, and you can choose from all audio and captions tracks that are available in the media.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Transcoding