FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Profiles or transcoding

<<

Tataye

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Profiles or transcoding

Sorry I'm french and my english is bad, so my question is easy for you i think :
I have a PC with serviio and I use Orange decoder which is not compatible with DTS files.
I search a solution to create a profile or change the generic DLNA profile for that.
I try many times to change profiles.xml with no succes.
Please somebody can help me ?
Thanks
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Re: Profiles or transcoding

Don't worry about your English, it's fine. :)

Don't alter the profiles.xml flle. It is replaced every time Serviio is updated, so you'd lose any changes. You can add a user-profiles.xml file, which will be saved when updates are performed. But before messing with your own profile, you might try some different existing profiles. Since I wrote the different Roku files, I know what they can offer, so it's one that I generally start with. If your Orange box supports 4K/H.265, try the Roku 4K TV profile. If your box is only 1080, then use the other Roku TV profile. Both will transcode DTS audio into AC3 (Dolby Digital). However, based on some difficulties a user in the UK is having with audio transcoded into AC3, you might need AAC audio instead. But the best thing to do is to try different profiles.

If you aren't sure how to use a different profile, open the Serviio console, then look on the Status tab. You will see a list of devices on your network, and your Orange box will be one of them. Once you know which it is, click on the right where it says Edit. In the page that opens, you can click box labeled Profile and select a different profile from the list. Then click OK, then again click Save at the bottom of the page. Just above the Save button you see another button labeled Stop Server. Click that, then click it again in a few seconds. That last step isn't absolutely required, but it does reload the profiles file and ensure everything is running correctly.

Now go test your videos. If you still have playback issues, just go try another profile. I suggest sticking with the different TV profiles, as virtually no TV supports DTS, so should have a transcoding line for it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Tataye

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Re: Profiles or transcoding

Thanks a lot, i try it now ;)

Return to Transcoding