FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Roku Trancoding Error "no valid bitrates"

<<

Gem_Serv_Frm

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Roku Trancoding Error "no valid bitrates"

Hi, Is it possible to increase the number of TS files generated by the Serviio server during transcoding? I'm noting that it appears that my Roku TV is say at least 1+ minutes behind serviio's TS file generations then deletions. So after say after segment00025.ts is generated Serviio deletes segment00001.ts keeping a max of 25 sequential TS files at any given time.

I want to bump up the TS files kept by Serviio to say 100 vs. 25. Is there a setting to do this? In the serviio log during transcoding the roku will stop playing the file with an error "no valid bitrate" on the Roku and the serviio log shows TS file not found "404" errors. If I look at the TS folder the files showing "404" have already been deleted by Serviio.

2020-06-22 17:34:05,296 WARN [ResourceDeliveryProcessor] Error while processing resource, sending back 404 error. Message: Could not find segment file: C:\Users\GEMUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\Serviio\transcoding-temp-029698c58c61e5398b59a805bbba7aaf.stf\segment00030.ts
2020-06-22 17:34:14,741 WARN [ResourceDeliveryProcessor] Error while processing resource, sending back 404 error. Message: Could not find segment file: C:\Users\GEMUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\Serviio\transcoding-temp-029698c58c61e5398b59a805bbba7aaf.stf\segment00036.ts
2020-06-22 17:34:14,864 WARN [ResourceDeliveryProcessor] Error while processing resource, sending back 404 error. Message: Could not find segment file: C:\Users\GEMUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\Serviio\transcoding-temp-029698c58c61e5398b59a805bbba7aaf.stf\segment00036.ts
2020-06-22 17:34:15,107 WARN [ResourceDeliveryProcessor] Error while processing resource, sending back 404 error. Message: Could not find segment file: C:\Users\GEMUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\Serviio\transcoding-temp-029698c58c61e5398b59a805bbba7aaf.stf\segment00037.ts
2020-06-22 17:34:15,224 WARN [ResourceDeliveryProcessor] Error while processing resource, sending back 404 error. Message: Could not find segment file: C:\Users\GEMUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\Serviio\transcoding-temp-029698c58c61e5398b59a805bbba7aaf.stf\segment00037.ts
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 pm

Re: Roku Trancoding Error "no valid bitrates"

I can't say if that would make a difference. It sounds like your computer can't transcode fast enough to keep up with the video stream.

What profile are you using for your Roku TV? There are two specific profiles for them, one for 4K sets and one for the rest. If you are only using the default Roku Media Player profile, you are transcoding far more than necessary for your TV. The default Roku profile was designed for the older Roku players that couldn't handle bitstreams higher than about 16 Mbps, while your TV is capable of much higher rates than that. In addition, your TV supports MPEG-2 video, which the older players did not, so no transcoding would be necessary for them.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Gem_Serv_Frm

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 pm

I have a standard TCL roku TV. I'm using Chaneru at the moment because it is transcoding more of the video/audio types I've used compared to the Roku TV (non 4K), Roku Media Player and the Roku 1080 Media Player (2016+) profile.

Here is an example of what I mention ROKU is looking for TS file 42 and 43 but those files have already been deleted by the serviio transcoding in the temp directory.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:36 am

Gem_Serv_Frm wrote:I have a standard TCL roku TV. I'm using Chaneru at the moment because it is transcoding more of the video/audio types I've used compared to the Roku TV (non 4K), Roku Media Player and the Roku 1080 Media Player (2016+) profile.

Here is an example of what I mention ROKU is looking for TS file 42 and 43 but those files have already been deleted by the serviio transcoding in the temp directory.

Your image post didn't work. But the Chaneru profile is transcoding media that doesn't need it for your TV, and restricting the bitrate as well, which makes your computer work even harder to transcode. If you can provide me the media information of something that doesn't play with the Roku TV profile, I can attempt to update the profile. But your TV should not require a lot of stuff transcoded, which is why I suggested using the Roku profiles. I wrote those profiles using both a Roku 4K TV as well as a low powered 720p Roku TV. I'd really like to know what I might have overlooked with the profiles.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Gem_Serv_Frm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:18 am

I may not be clear how/where this error is happening. FLV/AVI etc file types work OK on my Roku TV accessing them locally in the Shared Folders library. The problem is accessing FLV or MKV with audio AC3 etc from the Online Sources library. I'm using the latest playlist groovy plugin and the Roku Media player profile which will NOT play any of the video files links in a M3u file including basic MP4 links.

I have to change to the Chanera profile and then tweaked that profile to play for example MKV or FLV file containers because the .TS file being accessed normally eventually produce a "404" pop up in the log file. The Roku TV does not like the usage of AppleURL http for a trancoded file output for ONLINE Sources. I do know how to change a container's trancoding to be for example mpeg ts which Roku will work with but ideally if I can stop Serviio from deleting the TS files generated so quickly this should fix my on the fly trancoding using ONLINE Sources issues. Below is a M3U link that I place in Online Sources (MP4s and FLV) which I tried to access from my Roku TV using the different Profiles mentioned. The videos play fine on my IOS Phone using the VLC App and Serviio DLNA but does not work using the "Roku Media Player" Profile on my TV when transcoding is activated due to applicable container being referenced.

http://www.tygzsquare.byethost17.com/Sl ... ONLINE.m3u

One of the online MKV file's VLC details:
vcodec H264 - MPEG-4 AVC
acodec a52 Audio (aka AC3)

All TS trancoding for the Roku TV fail when accessed using Online Sources with a "404" error.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:26 pm

OK, I've never used a playlist for external sources. But I purposely use the HLS profile to offer trick play (FF, rewind, resume), which is the only profile that will do that with transcoded files on Roku devices. I originally used TS, but no trick play is available. I still use the TS container for VC-1 video, which for whatever reason doesn't work well on Roku devices in the HLS tracnsode container.

So you pretty much have a special case use. I suggest creating a user-profiles.xml file and create a distinct profile for your use. You mentioned you modified the Chaneru profile. Every time Serviio releases an update your changes will be lost, but the user-profiles file is retained. You can also remove the bitrate limitation within that profile, and reduce the workload on your computer when transcoding.

Back to your original issue. If you aren't using HLS, those segment files don't exist. So you could build your custom profile to use MPEGTS instead of APPLEHTTP and that shouldn't be an issue. Since you can't stream your online sources with HLS anyway, that would be the first step.

I've attached an older version of the Roku profiles that use MPEGTS instead of APPLEHTTP. Use what you want from them and I think you can come up with something that will work well for you. If you run into problems, let me know and I'll try to assist.
Attachments
11-29 Roku Profiles.xml
(26.78 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Dan

<<

Gem_Serv_Frm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Ok got it. Thank You!!
<<

Gem_Serv_Frm

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:33 am

I renamed and copied your profile file (user-profiles.xml >>> C:\Program Files\Serviio\config) and I'm getting an error 500 when I try to stop/start the server.
How do I properly add user-profiles.xml do I need to give different profile id names?

**Disregard I edited it by adding the header info and renaming the new profiles and was able to get it to work.************************************

Return to Transcoding