FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Profile for Sony KD-65X8500D Android TV

<<

siamak

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:59 pm

Profile for Sony KD-65X8500D Android TV

Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank the amazing Serviio staff, coders, and everyone involved for such a crazy lovely application.

I want to use my Sony KD-65X8500D TV with Serviio. I have been having problems (Constant buffering) with the generic DLNA profile. So, I would like to know what to do.

Sometimes, I can play files without any problems for a few minutes, or even an hour, but then the stuttering and buffering starts and it really gets on my nerves as I can't understand what the problem is.

Thank you very much in advance.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:10 am

Re: Profile for Sony KD-65X8500D Android TV

Problems like this are really tough to troubleshoot remotely, but odds are when a video is playing fine and then begins having problems, it's generally either a network issue, or some bottleneck in the computer running Serviio.

I recently have had issues with only certain videos with buffering. This was odd, since my network is Gigabit and the players are Nvidia Shields with a wired connection. The Serviio computer seemed to be running fine, but Kodi (the player app on the Shield) was reporting the network wasn't fast enough to play the video. Since I knew this wasn't an issue, I looked elsewhere. What I found was that two of the hard drives in my Serviio PC were nearing end of life, and they were not streaming the media fast enough to meet the bitrate requirements. I replaced both hard drives, after I copied all the media from the old to new drives, and the problem has vanished.

Since your playback starts fine, but then quickly starts buffering, this sounds like a network connection issue. Assuming you are using WiFi to connect the TV to your network, you might first try changing the channel your WiFi is using. For 2.4 GHz, the best channels to use are 1, 6 or 11. If you're using Ethernet cables, you might see if you have a defective cable. A damaged Cat5 Ethernet cable can still work, but at greatly reduced throughtput, depending on which wire inside the cable is damaged. If the cable is only giving you 10 Mbps speed, that would absolutely cause buffering.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Transcoding