FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung Galaxy S2 as renderer using Allshare app

<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Samsung Galaxy S2 as renderer using Allshare app

When using Allshare on my Galaxy S2, a lot of videos work very well, and even some 1080/60p videos render very nicely w/o me doing anything beyond starting the app and browsing serviio.

However: some videos don't render at all, and some play nicely, but only for 10 minutes or so... so I wanted to set up a serviio profile for transcoding to the Allshare app in the s2.

Except the Galaxy s2 + Allshare doesn't present itself as a renderer! Device spy sees a control point and a server, but cannot identify any rendering engine in the s2.

And given that I want this to work for different IPs for the galaxy, and that since I want to be able to use it via VPN from abroad, and I want it to work for visitors with galaxies.. this doesn't cut it.

Allshare is otherwise the only trouble free DLNA app on the S2, so I really want this to work w/o having to tie the profile to a set of fixed addresses.

Can someone offer any advice at all on this?
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 as renderer using Allshare app

when you have a working profile we can probably work out the detection later on
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 as renderer using Allshare app

sadly with the android device as i have found from my own testing it takes them to long to send there device decription to serviio so they always seem to get the generic profile and when they do send it, it is different for every device.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Transcoding