FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No subtitles when transcoding to Samsung tv.

<<

Piratos2600

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:31 pm

No subtitles when transcoding to Samsung tv.

Hi guys

Been using serviio for a while now, the generic DNLA Profile has worked fine so far.
Now I bought a faily new Samsung UE55NU7475.
And "Yes" now a have no sound in almost all of my videos cause their all with DTS sound.
So I tried my luck with a couple of rendering profiles, and round that "Roku 4k Tv" does the trick... the video stays intact and the dts sound is transcoded to support the tv.

But my subtitles are gone? And I cant choose any?
If I stream with the generic profile, the subs are there?

What can I do?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:27 pm

Re: No subtitles when transcoding to Samsung tv.

Transcoding the file strips the sub-titles from the destination (transcoded) file. So your choices are:

• Burn the subtitles into the transcoded file. This option is enabled in Serviio Console, under the Delivery, Subtitles tab. The subtitles will not be selectable on your TV but rather be on at all times. This also forces video transcoding.
  • when using the Generic Profile can you select a different audio stream from the TV? Often files with DTS will have an alternative audio stream included in the file. This is the easiest approach, but may not suit.
  • Change your source files so that transcoding is not required.
If the second option doesn’t work I would do the third option myself, given this is only an audio transcode, as the benefits of playing the file without transcoding outweigh the inconvenience of having to manually change the files. But it will take time.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Transcoding