FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Downscaling for Internet

<<

treblade

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Downscaling for Internet

I wil Streame movies over Internet. How i can downscal mkv hd movies to 800x600?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Downscaling for Internet

Steaming from Serviio over the Internet is not yet supported. But there are plans for it in the future, although not for a while.

Edit : do you mean stream media from the Internet (eg from YouTube) or stream from your server over the Internet (as in connect to serviio when you are away from home) ?
The first is supported, the second is not.
Last edited by will on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Streaming is supported in 0.6.1. Thats what serviio does :D

You can do both. Streaming over the internet is supported but only for select websites where groovy plugins have been developed to allow serviio to understand where the content is. Some sites do not need groovy files its just a case of finding them :)

Your original question needs to be phrased better for me to understand your question fully but i think your asking if you can stream movies off the internet if not please rephrase the question and ill try and help you further
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

treblade

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 pm

ok, i have a openvpn connection and 2 Mbit up, The Serviio server was found at the second place but its not fast enof, sorry my english is very bad.
The client ist xbmc.
<<

treblade

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:28 pm

And how i can make a bigger buffer?
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Sorry if my german is rusty but here goes :lol:

Leider, wenn Sie mit einer OpenVPN-Verbindung des Puffers wird von Ihrem Provider openvpn und etwas, das serviio hat keine Kontrolle über geregelt. Wenn Sie serviio ohne Ihre openvpn nutzen und zu verwalten dann serviio korrekt konfiguriert werden. Aber wie steht es dem Puffer kann nicht erhöht werden, um einwandfreies Streaming zu ermöglichen. Sie müssen Ihre openvpn Provider wenden, um zu sehen, ob sie helfen können Sie Ihre Einstellungen ändern, um eine ordnungsgemäße Streaming ermöglichen.
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

<<

treblade

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:52 pm

i can read english but i cant write=)
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Thread solved via PM :D OpenVPN provider didnt have enough bandwith to stream movies between xbmc and serviio but has been solved by unchecking the max video quality button under transcoding

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 am

Can we get the OpenVPN settings used and what bandwith you figured worked. This is something that alot of people have asked about and would be good for the WIKI
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 am

Ooo, last time I tried (which was a while ago now) I couldn't get streaming over VPN to work. Please do post the settings you used.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 am

just to be clear this is not streaming over the internet as such all user is doing is connection to his network with a pc and then using serviio, he is not connect any other devices like a TV or BDP over the internet.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Saphroxx

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Cerberus wrote:just to be clear this is not streaming over the internet as such all user is doing is connection to his network with a pc and then using serviio, he is not connect any other devices like a TV or BDP over the internet.

Ok I didn't completely understand this sentence because of the typos but if I get it right... this guy is "connecting to his network with a PC" as you say.

a) Is it from a PC in- or outside his own LAN? Do you mean that serviio can NOT stream to a TV or BDP outside the LAN but it CAN STREAM to a windows DLNA client?

b) I imagine he is trying to connect to his network from a PC OUTSIDE his LAN, otherwise I don't understand why there would be an issue with openVPN and it's bandwidth.

So if this is true and somehow possible then I'd be happy to hear it: I want to watch series/movies when I'm at work, streamed from my homeserver (with serviio) to my PC at work (external network). I see the OP used XBMC as client, which I'm planning to do as well. In case this streaming towards an external network is not possible (yet), could you please be so kind to explain what exactly the case/issue was with the OP's story? I wanted to follow this up but then the thread suddenly went on in german and PM so that wasn't possible anymore ^^ Thanks in advance for replyiing.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:45 pm

treblade wrote:ok, i have a openvpn connection and 2 Mbit up, The Serviio server was found at the second place but its not fast enof, sorry my english is very bad.
The client ist xbmc.

The way I read this is that,He is Streaming via OPENvpn over the internet to a computer running XBMC. I think he is probably using a Private tunnel to extend his "LAN" outside his local lan.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Ok I didn't completely understand this sentence because of the typos but if I get it right... this guy is "connecting to his network with a PC" as you say.

dont be rude, you could of asked that without the insult.

a) Is it from a PC in- or outside his own LAN? Do you mean that serviio can NOT stream to a TV or BDP outside the LAN but it CAN STREAM to a windows DLNA client?

NO he is logging into his network from outside using a VPN connection and then using XMBC on that pc to view serviio, and you could do that on a TV or BDP.

b) I imagine he is trying to connect to his network from a PC OUTSIDE his LAN, otherwise I don't understand why there would be an issue with openVPN and it's bandwidth.

well yer der if he was inside his lan it would not be an issue.

So if this is true and somehow possible then I'd be happy to hear it: I want to watch series/movies when I'm at work, streamed from my homeserver (with serviio) to my PC at work (external network). I see the OP used XBMC as client, which I'm planning to do as well. In case this streaming towards an external network is not possible (yet), could you please be so kind to explain what exactly the case/issue was with the OP's story? I wanted to follow this up but then the thread suddenly went on in german and PM so that wasn't possible anymore ^^ Thanks in advance for replyiing.

yes its impossible but you would need an extremely fast connection for this to work without alot of lagging, plus i very much doubt your work would allow you to VPN a work pc to your personal network as this would both breach security and possibly data protect.

i could go over exactly how to do this but frankly after the insulting first comment i wont bother.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Saphroxx

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 am

moltra wrote:
treblade wrote:ok, i have a openvpn connection and 2 Mbit up, The Serviio server was found at the second place but its not fast enof, sorry my english is very bad.
The client ist xbmc.

The way I read this is that,He is Streaming via OPENvpn over the internet to a computer running XBMC. I think he is probably using a Private tunnel to extend his "LAN" outside his local lan.

Oh ye of course that's it, kinda stupid that I overlooked that :P Thanks a lot for your input!

@Cerberus: LOL that was obviously in no way an insult, my apologies for my agressive manner of writing :P. There's a few small typos which made me read it again a few times and made me doubt a little ^^ No worries man.. ;)

Apart from Cerberus' nagging, thanks again for this great community and it's support with prompt replies! (JK ofcourse Cerberus)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:53 pm

no worries :) will have a look at this next week and try and get a working process going, and how to.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Return to Transcoding