FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What to do when mpegts is not recognized?

<<

alfista

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 am

What to do when mpegts is not recognized?

I've been struggling to get my Samsung BD-player to accept the live TV from the LiveFeeds plugin. Most of the ones I want to watch are flv streams which depending on what profile i use are either remuxed into mpegts or transcoded and remuxed into mpegts streams. I'd like to avoid the transcoding if possible, but for some reason a lot of the streams will not play when just remuxed (they play when transcoded). Failure mode differs, but often complains about missing codec or incompatible video. However, if I remux into mp4 or for that matter flv and dump to a file on a USB stick the player will happily play the video which a) proves that it can handle the video and b) leads me to believe that the player doesn't always handle the mpegts generated by ffmpeg.

It seems like the player might accept flv streams, can I send the stream without remuxing, without having ffmpeg involved at all? If so, any hints on how? I've read the thread about the Samsung C/D-series profile but that doesn't address this, the streams will be mpegts either way.

One observation. When I watch live material, the player will always identify the stream as mpeg, when Servioo streams a local flv file it is identified as x-flv, what gives?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:00 am

Re: What to do when mpegts is not recognized?

you can try to remove the flv matching from your profile (and possibly generic one) so see if it plays flv.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:28 pm

<<

alfista

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:56 pm

That's the thread I was referring to, and it doesn't address this problem. If I comment out the line talked about in that thread then I will get an mpegts stream with the video transcoded to mpeg2, if I don't comment out the line I will get the original video content remuxed into mpegts. As far as I can tell my player can handle the video, just not when it's delivered in an mpegts stream.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 pm

My understanding is that serviio requires all livestreams to be in mpegts format.
<<

alfista

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:51 pm

zip wrote:you can try to remove the flv matching from your profile (and possibly generic one) so see if it plays flv.

Sadly that didn't work, none of the livefeeds i tried worked that way. FLV-files on my server still worked though. I guess a detailed log might provide some clues about what's happening but I'm pretty busy right now so further investigations will have to wait.
<<

zip

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:14 am

jhb50 wrote:My understanding is that serviio requires all livestreams to be in mpegts format.

they have to be in a streamable format, flv is one.
<<

zip

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 am

the flv matchers might be in (based on priority):

- your profile's OnlineTranscoding config
- generic profile's OnlineTranscoding config
- your pofile's Transcoding config

if the file matches any of the matchers in these it'll trigger the transcode
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:32 pm

This goes back to my earlier request for an "exclude" option in the profile.

I need to transcode all flv files except avc.flv's to mpeg2, but I don't want to transcode or remux h264.flv's. As I understand it the current priorities allow my current profile to first just remux flv with h264 to mpegts and then remux the non-h264.flv's that drop thru to MPEG2, and then the same rules are applied to onlinestreams.

Can you explain how I transcode and remux my non-h264.flv to MPEG2 but not transcode or remux h264.flv streams? An exclude h264,flv option would do this but I don't understand how to do it with the existing priority rules.

Thanks.

Return to Transcoding