FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stuck loading...

<<

Simonsmp

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:49 am

Stuck loading...

Hi guys,

Long time user first time poster. Serviio has been working fine for me for the last 2 years or so, no problems at all! All of a sudden the other day, it wouldn't load videos, it took a very long time to open(stuck on loading...) then when (or if) it ever opened, it would stutter and have to load every 5 or 10 seconds again. I haven't changed any settings or anything on my PC - TV is a samsung UA46ES7100. Recently upgraded my version of serviio to 1.5.1 thinking this may be the issue - still persists. Any thoughts? If you need any more info, just let me know and I'll grab it for you :)

I looked through a couple of pages of posts and couldn't find anything similar to this :(

Oh, I also had foxtel (cable TV) installed the other day, which was around when this started playing up. Wouldn't think it would have been an issue, but thought I might mention it just in case...

Thanks,

Simon
<<

MovieChef

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Stuck loading...

I too am having this problem...I have used Serviio for years and all was well. I updated to 1.5.2 and when a movie/show would start it would stop and start trying to buffer / loading and would keep doing this every few seconds. I thought maybe it was the upgrade. I uninstalled and put 1.4.1 back on and it keeps doing the buffering.

I have 2 Samsung blu rays and have tried both the c/d setting and the e/f setting. I fell that my original setting got lost when I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.4.1, and don't remember IF there was a trick to setting the playback that I don't remember. Yesterday I got 16 minutes into show before it started the buffering thing. I have tons of space on 3 hard drives and all players are hardwired .

Ralph
<<

PervySage

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 12, 2015 4:30 am

I'm getting this EXACT ISSUE TOO!!!!

its driving me crazy! I thought it might have something to do with the network, so I wasted $250 buying a 1 gigabit powerline set up, which is connecting at 400mbps (previously I was connecting at 150mbps which I thought would have been sufficent) and still the problem persists!
<<

PervySage

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 12, 2015 7:40 am

I fixed my issue.

1.) uninstall 1.5.2
2.) Install 1.4.1.2
3.) refresh library..... Wait for it to complete (if you try to watch something while its refreshing you will get the same issue)
4.) Enjoy now having the loading issues
<<

Mozts

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:37 pm

I have the same issue with Samsung F6400. Thought it was the TV's firmware, but it isn't. Serviio 1.5.2 was perfect until a few days ago. I don't know what could have changed, but suddenly I got loadings and huge delays why fast fowarding and opening files, even smaller ones...

Funny thing is, it starts fine when I turn on the TV, after a couple minutes it starts to stuck every minute or so, like there's a cache or something being used, but not emptied.
<<

Mozts

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:19 pm

I reinstalled my Windows 8.1 and all the things along with it, including Serviio. It seems to have fixed the issue, I'm running the heaviest MKV(High@4.1) I have for 40 minutes now, not a single loading nor sluggishness while FFW.

... But how long until the issue comes back? Looks like deterioration to me, since the issue came out of the blue and was solved with a clean slate.

Serviio 1.5.2 and Samsung F6400 (TV) firmware 2132, Windows 8.1, cabbled connection.
<<

PervySage

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:34 am

I fixed the issue by swapping over to plex, I havnt had a single disconnect issue and its been a few weeks now. The smart TV interface is frigging awesome. The only pain in the ass part was the initial construction of my libraries which took forever, but it was retreiving all the episodes info and pictures from the net giving a "netflix type" feel.

I'm quite impressed with it.

https://plex.tv/

Return to Samsung