XBOX One and PS4 support

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:47 am

XBOX One and PS4 support

It does appear Xbox One will have full DLNA support

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/ ... -streaming

The system is also DLNA compatible, and they're in the process of being certified. As for mp3 playback… well, that's kind of a mixed bag. The system is a Play To receiver, so you'll be able to stream your content to the Xbox One using any Play To supported devices such as a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 enabled PC, Windows Phone, etc.

You'll also, of course, be able to stream music through an Xbox Music Pass subscription.

Hopefully a Xbox One profile for Serviio will be coming to v1.4
Last edited by Xmantium on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Re: XBOX One support

Yes...
and PS4 will not support DLNA!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:01 pm

I preordered XB1 day one edition, so it should be there. PS4 :(
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Even the PS3 had the dredded Cinavia DRM Protection

Just read PS4 official announcement, possibly after a bit of backlash they added - "*We appreciate your feedback and are exploring possibilities."
Will PS4 support media servers or DLNA support in order to stream videos or movies from a home PC?
The PS4 system does not support client functionality* for media servers.
*We appreciate your feedback and are exploring possibilities.

Another article here - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/yoshid ... 0-6415882/

I think Sony strategy is users to sign up for their Video/Music Unlimited service.
But a way to use Serviio on PS4 is using MediaBrowser on their web browser :)
Will PS4 include a web browser?
Yes, the PS4 system comes with a web browser, which is based on webkit technology and is faster and more compatible than the browser that comes with PS3.
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: XBOX One and PS4 support

It's becoming more apparent DLNA will come to PS4 and there was some other missing features. No surprise since Sony originally formed and founded DLNA - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Li ... k_Alliance

Here is a reference from http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/12/50979 ... rt-for-ps4
The PlayStation 4 dev team was "caught off guard" by the response to Sony's announcement that the console wouldn't support MP3 playback and DLNA media streaming, according to Shuhei Yoshida. He told Giant Bomb that while the features may not be available at launch, the team is looking at bringing them to PS4 later.

Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, said "the biggest surprise for us all internally at Sony" was how many people reacted passionately to the announcement.

"It's not like we actively decided 'Let's not do this feature so that people will subscribe to Music Unlimited,'" he said. "Like we've been saying, the focus has been always on the game features. And some of the features we wanted but we couldn't get in on day one — game features — we are very disappointed and worried about not having on day one and that have been the higher priorities."

Certain previously announced features, like the PS4's suspend/resume mode and the option to share a controller over the internet to assist a friend, won't be available at launch. Sony announced that in a lengthy FAQ where the lack of MP3, CD and DLNA support was revealed.

"We didn't really think about MP3 or DLNA," Yoshida said. "We always thought we're going to do that eventually. We've been doing it with all the products. So it caught us off guard.

"People don't really talk about these features, right? But when we say we don't have it, some people get really mad [and say,] 'I canceled the pre-order!' Wait..." Yoshida said.

"As we speak ... the teams in Japan and U.S., the system guys are discussing how and when we can put these features on PS4."
<<

Tom Servo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:48 pm

As of today, the PS4 supports DLNA. I installed the media player program on the PS4, and it sees Serviio. However, it only reads .mp3 files under a generic profile. Are there any plans to release a profile for the PS4 that allows transcoding?
<<

Dagg21

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Came here looking for the same thing. From the blog says it supports(below). I was thinking to use the old ps3 one but i know it does transcoding since it couldnt play mkv natively. So maybe a modified version of that profile. I plan to tinker with this tonight will post some results.

File Formats and Codecs
Video
MKV
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
AVI
Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
MP4
Audio: AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
MPEG-2 TS
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2, MPEG2 Visual
Audio: MP2(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
AVCHD: (.m2ts, .mts)
Photo
JPEG (based on DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21)
BMP
PNG
Music
MP3
AAC (M4A)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Dagg21 wrote:Came here looking for the same thing. From the blog says it supports(below). I was thinking to use the old ps3 one but i know it does transcoding since it couldnt play mkv natively. So maybe a modified version of that profile. I plan to tinker with this tonight will post some results.

File Formats and Codecs
Video
MKV
AVI
Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
MP4
Audio: AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
MPEG-2 TS
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2, MPEG2 Visual
Audio: MP2(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
AVCHD: (.m2ts, .mts)
Photo
JPEG (based on DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21)
BMP
PNG
Music
MP3
AAC (M4A)

According to that list, MKV will only play if the video codec is H.264/MPEG-4 and audio is AC3, AAC or MP3. If you want to try something quick and dirty, try the Roku profile. It also supports MKV, but only H.264 video.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Dagg21

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:32 pm

atc thanks for the tip i will try that one first!
<<

Tom Servo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:39 pm

Dagg,

Let me know how it works. My main concern is audio. I've got my music collection in FLAC and I'd like to stream it through the PS4.
<<

Dagg21

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:29 pm

OK some very basic testing.

Loaded up under Generic profile played mp4, avi fine. Most mkvs also played fine but some did not (havent dug in to file specifics)

Changed to PS3 played everything I tried even the mkvs generic wouldnt. I did notice I could not fast forward on mkv files (i did not check generic profile for this)

Changed to Sony Bravia 2012 US played anything i tried also could not fast forward mkvs.

I am running serviio 1.4.2 which doesnt have roku profile if someone posts it I can update my file and give it a shot. Just a few comments in general

Way less features than ps3 media player if you are familiar. Only has a basic next, FF, REW pause and add to favorites (ps3 didnt have favorites). There is an option to have a tiles presentation vs list which makes the thumbnails much bigger but it isnt very sexy. Still does give a better screenshot/cover look vs the small thumbnail and this is on a 120 inch screen. I couldnt seem to find the 'go to' option like ps3 has where i can set the minutes to start something i had previously stopped. That got alot of use in the past so that is unfortunate.

Maybe more testing later tonight.

Anyway seems to work just fine for my needs. However I dont think I will actually use it much as I cannot control it with my Harmony remote so having it at the center of my basement theater setup will have to wait until it matures a bit.
I know this isnt the best testing but just some early observations.

As for audio I couldnt find any FLAC files in my collection so I will need to get a sample and test it out. TBH I do not often seviio for audio.
<<

Dagg21

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Just to be clear above I changed to those profiles not the actual devices. :D
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:35 pm

I'll go upstairs and copy my Roku profile in a bit. Server's upstairs and I'm not... :lol:

Here it is...

Code:
<Profile id="RokuMPApp" name="Roku Media Player" extendsProfileId="1">
      <Detection>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <User-Agent>.*ROKU.*</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720p_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_1080i_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_HP_HD_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_LPCM</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_L6_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_NDSD</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/mpeg">MP3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_DTS_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_DTS_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_50_LPCM_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG2_L2</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG2_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG2_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_AP_L1_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_AP_L2_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_HD_DTS_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_HD_DTS_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
         <!-- Transcode if H.264 level is too high -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="h264" maxVBitrate="12000" forceVTranscoding="true" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="320">
            <!-- for no surround passthrough
            <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="h264" maxVBitrate="12000" forceVTranscoding="true" targetACodec="aac" aBitrate="128" forceStereo="true">
            -->
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high_10" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.1" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.1" />
         </Video>
         <!-- Remux audio and video streams - for DivX/Xvid in AVI/Matroska -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts">
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="aac" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="msmpeg4" aCodec="aac" />
            <!-- for no surround passthrough comment out the following two lines -->
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="ac3" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="msmpeg4" aCodec="ac3" />
         </Video>
         <!-- Remux video stream, transcode audio only - for DivX/Xvid in AVI/Matroska -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="aac" aBitrate="128">
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="mp3" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="msmpeg4" aCodec="mp3" />
            <!-- for no surround passthrough uncomment the following two lines -->
            <!-- <Matches container="*" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="ac3" /> -->
            <!-- <Matches container="*" vCodec="msmpeg4" aCodec="ac3" /> -->
         </Video>
         <!-- Remux supported audio, transcode H.264 video if bitrate is too high, transcode non-H.264 video -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="h264" maxVBitrate="12000">
            <!-- for no surround passthrough comment out the following four lines -->
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" aCodec="ac3" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" aCodec="dca" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="mpeg2video" aCodec="ac3" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="mpeg2video" aCodec="dca" />
            <!-- comment the following line if you have files with 5.1ch AAC, Roku only supports 2 channel AAC -->
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" aCodec="aac" />
         </Video>
         <!-- Transcode all audio, transcode H.264 video if bitrate is too high, transcode all other video -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="h264" maxVBitrate="12000" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="320">
            <!-- for no surround passthrough
            <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="h264" maxVBitrate="12000" targetACodec="aac" aBitrate="128" forceStereo="true">
            -->
            <Matches container="*" />
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="mp3">
         </Audio>
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="applehttp"> <!-- dont transcode to ac3 -->
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="flv" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="applehttp" vCodec="h264" />
         </Video>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
      <HardSubsTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="asf" targetVCodec="wmv2" targetACodec="wmav2" maxVBitrate="15360" forceStereo="true" />
      </HardSubsTranscoding>
      <Subtitles>
         <SoftSubs mime-type="text/srt" />
      </Subtitles>
      <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
   </Profile>
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Tom Servo

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Code:
         </Audio>

I made a generic "PS4" profile and used that. Unfortunately, it still only recognizes native mp3 files. If I navigate to a folder with .ogg or .flac files, it tells me there's no playable media.
<<

EnigmaticWraith

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Tom Servo wrote:
  Code:
         </Audio>

I made a generic "PS4" profile and used that. Unfortunately, it still only recognizes native mp3 files. If I navigate to a folder with .ogg or .flac files, it tells me there's no playable media.

I finally managed to fix this after troubleshooting for a few hours. I had to add "<ProtocolInfo>simple</ProtocolInfo>" to the top of the profile. For example, for your profile it would now be:
  Code:
<Profile id="ps4" name="PlayStation 4" extendsProfileId="1">
   <ProtocolInfo>simple</ProtocolInfo>
   <Transcoding>
      </Audio>
   </Transcoding>
</Profile>

Although, I should mention that with this configuration you're also re-encoding all existing mp3 files down to 192 kbps and 48 kHz, which may not be what you want and is rather inefficient. I would define all types you need to transcode rather than telling it to transcode everything:
  Code:
   <Transcoding>
         <Matches container="flac" />
         <Matches container="ogg" />
      </Audio>
   </Transcoding>
</Profile>
<<

Tom Servo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 am

EnigmaticWraith wrote:
Although, I should mention that with this configuration you're also re-encoding all existing mp3 files down to 192 kbps and 48 kHz, which may not be what you want and is rather inefficient. I would define all types you need to transcode rather than telling it to transcode everything:
  Code:
   <Transcoding>
         <Matches container="flac" />
         <Matches container="ogg" />
      </Audio>
   </Transcoding>
</Profile>

That works! Thanks so much!

Return to General discussion