FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Twitch.tv/Justin.tv

<<

DarkTom

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: Twitch.tv/Justin.tv

Thanks for the link. And thank you for the work you' ve put into the plugin. :-)
<<

radiant

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi

When I try to connect to a live stream [any resolution] I get an error that says "can not connect to server" but I can watch a vod no problem.

Also in regards to your recompile of ffmpeg.
Is the link in this post: viewtopic.php?p=94157#p94157 still needed or do we get ffmpeg from the link on the first post : http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ ?

I know nothing of the differences or what it actually does so please keep that in mind :)
<<

vanel86

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 02, 2015 12:25 pm

@jules Since we need a custom ffmpeg to play twitch could you add NVENC to the patchset? It's officially there since 2.6 so no mayor hurdles besides adding "--enable-nonfree --enable-nvenc" to the compile options
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Sun May 03, 2015 12:25 pm

radiant wrote:Hi

When I try to connect to a live stream [any resolution] I get an error that says "can not connect to server" but I can watch a vod no problem.

Is the link in this post: viewtopic.php?p=94157#p94157 still needed or do we get ffmpeg from the link on the first post : http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ ?

I know nothing of the differences or what it actually does so please keep that in mind :)

nah, the one from the serviio forums link should do.
vanel86 wrote:@jules Since we need a custom ffmpeg to play twitch could you add NVENC to the patchset? It's officially there since 2.6 so no mayor hurdles besides adding "--enable-nonfree --enable-nvenc" to the compile options

yeah, but enabling the nonfree aspects would prevent me from distributing the compiled binary for windows, right?

i'd guess that the patch is very easy to apply on the 2.6 source as it's only one line which disables a check.
<<

radiant

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 04, 2015 12:29 am

Thanks jules

I'm still having that issue playing live twitch stream I'm on a Sony Bravia 2013 TV if that makes a difference.
<<

mrfishfish

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 10, 2015 3:27 am

Love it !

Twitch plugin works great.. streaming from my desktop solved a lot of problems
Just wanted to say thanks for this! :)
<<

Kardiii

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 31, 2015 2:17 pm

Hello,

I have a Panasonic Viera ST60 Smart TV and a Mede8er X600 Media box.. I wanted to watch twitch streams with serviio. I've red almost the entire forum but i'm having problems loading the streams on my tv.

Just for some info:
I have the newes ffmpg thingy.. also updated it etc. I've already set up the serviio and it shows the existing streams but after trying to load them it shows some error on the TV (file not found, unknown format or something like that) and it quits.
It plays youtube channels via DLNA without a problem.
I've already tried to update the twich plugin, also added the logging to serviio and plugins and it shows no error on my PC.

I can connect and watch any given twitch stream on my pc if i try to open serviio from like VLC player/network hub. It works perfect but i can not load any twitch on the TV.

Once i was able to load a stream for like 10-20 secs in mobile bitrate but that was not enjoyable..

I've also tried to connect and watch it via the TV and via the media box. I'm connected to the local network via Wi-FI.

I have absolutely no clue what can be the problem.. I'm assumeing the connection speed may be "slow" but i dont understand why does it still not load and for ex. laggs out or something..

Did any1 have the same issue and had a solution to fix it?
Can any1 give me a hint what to try out or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!
Kardiii
<<

warden91

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Hello,
I would like to ask for some help.
I did the necessary steps, installed seviio, downloaded twitch plugin, run ffmpeg.exe, tried with/without transcoding but for a stream my media player says: playback not available, for a vod is says: Cannot access the server. Please check the server setting.
My tv is a Sony Bravia 42w829b. I would like to provide the logs but I don't know how to get it.
Any help would be appreciated and sorry for my english
<<

Aenima

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:30 am

Hello I am tried to get this working but I am getting an error in the logs

2015-08-22 12:26:20,604 WARN [FeedUpdaterWorker] An error occured while trying to parse an online resouce requiring a plugin, provide the plugin or remove the resource: No plugin for web resource http://www.twitch.tv/fatbosstv has been found.

Is there something I have missed?

Thanks
<<

Binkedtride

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:28 pm

I have a philips smart tv (2012) 42pfl4307k/12 and i can watch twitch with mobile quality but other qualities not working. (2-3 times high quality worked.) Help please.
<<

vanel86

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:51 am

I know this may not interest everybody but twitch has announced that they will provide a client for PS3 and PS4(http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/09/twitchcon ... -round-up/) so if you used a sony console as an endpoint to watch twitch you may not be requiring to use this plugin any more after this fall.
<<

unforgiving

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:47 pm

radiant wrote:Hi

I'm getting the same problem with my Sony Bravia 2013 Smart TV, still no solution ?
<<

TuN

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Ok guys I'd like to share some things I've found so far, while trying to make it work.

Using latest Serviio 1.5.2, "ffmpeg-20151105-git-c878082-win64-static" ffmpeg and the twitch.groovy provided from the first post

I did everything as said, but it didn't work. When I've finally managed to get the folders to show in my TV, I wasn't able to play any stream on any quality, because I got the "Unsupported file type error".

The thing I HAD to do was select the profile in Serviio Console / Library / Online sources. I'm using Samsung UE48J6200 series ( UN48J6200 in USA ). There are only Samsung TV profiles from A-H, so I thought that the "Generic DLNA profile" would work normally, but actually this was the issue. I have selected the Samsung TV / player (H-Series), and now it is working.

I'm still experiencing some issues with buffering, it goes from Source to Medium after few minutes, even though I have 100mbit download and TV is connected through LAN cable, so I have no clue what is causing the issue, but I will keep on trying to fix it and post a solution if I will manage to solve this, but at least perhaps this will help someone out there till this buffering issue gets fixed. BTW the stream is not lagging on computer, so the issue has to be somewhere else.

Greetings
<<

unforgiving

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:19 pm

TuN wrote:Ok guys I'd like to share some things I've found so far, while trying to make it work.

Using latest Serviio 1.5.2, "ffmpeg-20151105-git-c878082-win64-static" ffmpeg and the twitch.groovy provided from the first post

I did everything as said, but it didn't work. When I've finally managed to get the folders to show in my TV, I wasn't able to play any stream on any quality, because I got the "Unsupported file type error".

The thing I HAD to do was select the profile in Serviio Console / Library / Online sources. I'm using Samsung UE48J6200 series ( UN48J6200 in USA ). There are only Samsung TV profiles from A-H, so I thought that the "Generic DLNA profile" would work normally, but actually this was the issue. I have selected the Samsung TV / player (H-Series), and now it is working.

I'm still experiencing some issues with buffering, it goes from Source to Medium after few minutes, even though I have 100mbit download and TV is connected through LAN cable, so I have no clue what is causing the issue, but I will keep on trying to fix it and post a solution if I will manage to solve this, but at least perhaps this will help someone out there till this buffering issue gets fixed. BTW the stream is not lagging on computer, so the issue has to be somewhere else.

Greetings

Thanks for your tips, I managed to solve my problem, probably was the old ffmpeg version, using Sony Bravia 2013/14 to my KDL Sony model, I just had to disable "Transcode" feature, even on wifi (with strong signal) on my TV, I can watch using the highest solution without lagging.
<<

TuN

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:02 pm

I've tried replacing the ffmpeg file with the one provided in the first post and I've disabled transcoding, but same issue sadly remains.
<<

stoyy

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Anyone who get this to work? It used to work but for some reason it just doesnt anymore, I cant find the folder etc.
<<

paintner

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:25 pm

I think the plugin broke when Twitch.tv swapped server to all SSH or HTTPS or whatever.
Not sure if it is just to edit the plugin or of there is something else need to be done =/
<<

gui.ap

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 03, 2016 10:57 am

Is there any update about this?
<<

diadaren

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Seems to work just fine with 1.6.1, no ffmpeg update needed, just installed twitch.groovy and it was able to stream.
<<

LeJoKeR

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 20, 2016 1:16 am

Sadly this pluggin could be very usefull but, everything is mess up, we dont event know how to get this done proprely on 1.6.1 (check link always say not valid)

Great potential, but slumpy description to get this done.
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins