FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with windows 10

<<

newby

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:52 am

Problem with windows 10

I have problems with windows 10 too.

I have post this message in a other folder too. this problem seems to grow.

I am a user since many years. after installation windows 10, serviio has a problem to send informations to samsung tv, and any other devices . i use android, apple, ps3 and samsung tv.

My configuration is: Windows 10 64bit Pro, GBit Lan, 3 Samsung TV, 2 x PS3, 4 Android Tablets, 1 Apple, Firewall and Virus Bitdefender Internet Security, 3 Showcenter, 2 Samsung Handys
all this devices are connect to serviio. i dont have any problems before.
my server has stored 100000 mp3 songs, and more as 8000 movies and round about 20000 photos.

the problem is, if i select movie by the name. in (A) i have 1000 movies. samsung bring me an error (cant reach server and so on)
if i select a name with 8 Movies, samsung tv show me the movies on screen.

in web-server (firefox) the section with (A), the screen fills very slow with the pictures (of movies).

Before i usw windows 10 it goes fast....

i have reinstall the serviio, virus scanner, firewall, and then i have reinstall windows 10. it was not better!!

at last, i have test plex.... it works okay. (butt it is no programm for me, only testing)

do anyone other have same problems? can it be... the firewall close any ports????
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Problem with windows 10

It's possible that there's a port issue, but I doubt it. When I updated my Serviio computer to Win 10 I decided to do a clean install, so there was nothing left from the previous configuration. I just ran the Serviio install and everything worked. I have not made any changes to the firewall. I just looked at my settings, and I see the firewall is enabled, and Serviio is not listed as an approved application. But if I go into the Advanced Settings, Serviio is listed as approved. :o

I don't have as many files as you do, so I don't know if you're running into some sort of limitation of DLNA or Serviio. I have 728 movie files, and other than a slight time lag to load I see them all under the Movies category (which shows all titles without the grouping by alphabet).
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:37 am

I don't think this is a Serviio issue, or a Windows 10 one, but a Samsung one.... see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3009. Samsung's have a limit of 1,000 items in a folder (do you really have 1,000 movies starting with "A" ??? - wow!)

As for other devices filling the screen slowly, does it still do this. It could be that Serviio was re-indexing the files in the library at the time (which it will do on a new version, new install - and give the size of your library this is going to take time).
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

newby

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Okay,

I have tested with new installation.
Fill my database with some files. Max 200 items per letter. And it works.
If I search for the complete files, I run into an error. On every hardware. Android to.

It must be a problem how much items are in the database.

This is a real problem vor me. Other people have many more files in there servers.

Hmmm
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:09 am

I don't have enough movies to reach over 200 per letter (wow is right!), but I do have playlists with over 200 entries. I don't have any issues to my knowledge. I'll have to double-check it on my Samsung TV.

I'm not sure I understand how you "search for the complete files". Are you referring to viewing the Movies category, which displays all titles? How many total titles are you talking about? Like I said, I have just over 700 movie titles, and have no problem displaying them all on any device, including the Roku players. I don't get any error messages. And this is from my main Serviio computer running Windows 10 Pro.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

newby

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Hello,

i mean, i have start serviio and refresh the complete database. i go into serviio (TITLE) and then into (A) for all movies beginning with the letter (A).

Okay.... if i select names with (D), i have 1600 Movies inside. In German, all movies beginn with a (D) "Das Dschungelbuch" "Die goldene Gans" and so on.

I am in beta forum and send a logfile (Short File). In this file i have test a samsung tv, a android tablet. All with errors.
<<

newby

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:06 pm

All errors solved.
every device work okay.

Return to User experiences