FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MediaCenterMaster generated movie.xml

<<

gnollo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:37 am

MediaCenterMaster generated movie.xml

I am an Emby user who recently purchased a Sony Bluray player and I have been dissatisfied with Emby DLNA capabilities, so I am now testing Serviio.
So far I have added my bluray rips (mkv format) and I have to say it plays flawlessly even 12GB files across the wired network, I am very impressed.
I have been unable to get Serviio to recognise my saved metadata unfortunately. I use MCM to download and store the movie metadata in a single file, movie.xml. I have tried all the options in the console, but it doesn't seem that any of them work.
Where am I going wrong?
KUDOS for the great software, I am not transcoding anything right now, will test more formats today (avi, mp4 etc).
My BD player is a Sony BDP S5500.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:06 am

Re: MediaCenterMaster generated movie.xml

This metadata format is not supported. You can raise a BitBucket ticket for it to be implemented in future, or find some tool to convert the metadata to (for example) XBMC format.
<<

gnollo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:42 am

Mmmh I have 3000+ movies and 150+ TV series on my NAS, ideally I would not want to change something that works perfectly (it took me YEARS to get the right metatadata for each movie and tv series).I will log it on BitBucket, but I am actually prepared to pay for it... if you name the price!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:48 am

If you write the ticket correctly, with example files attached, it should be easier to prioritise it for sooner rather than later.
<<

gnollo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:26 pm

I have just added issue #904 with files attached for movies, series and episode (all xml files)
<<

gnollo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:36 pm

Also is there a way to see the latest movies that were added on the NAS, when, like in my case, you are importing over 3K movies into Serviio at once, instead of gradually adding them to the server?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:44 pm

gnollo wrote:Also is there a way to see the latest movies that were added on the NAS, when, like in my case, you are importing over 3K movies into Serviio at once, instead of gradually adding them to the server?

There's a setting in the Presentation panel on the Serviio console that shows last added. By default it is set to 10 or 20, I forget which. I have mine set at 50. You don't see this on the console itself, just as another selection when viewing on your display.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

gnollo

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:06 am

I noticed that, but it shows the latest items added to servio, not added to the NAS. For example, when I added my bluray folder to servio, it contains hundreds of movies, and it will only show the last ones that were scanned (probably in alphabetical order as it looks quite random) not the last ones I added to the folder (so sorting by file write date on the NAS).
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:16 pm

gnollo wrote:I noticed that, but it shows the latest items added to servio, not added to the NAS. For example, when I added my bluray folder to servio, it contains hundreds of movies, and it will only show the last ones that were scanned (probably in alphabetical order as it looks quite random) not the last ones I added to the folder (so sorting by file write date on the NAS).

Yeah, when you add that many at once, the only other indication you will get is the increased file count on the console status page. There's no other method to identify what has been added, unless you want to slog through the Serviio log. :lol:

Of course, it you're adding them to the NAS, you're adding them to Serviio, so you still see what was added. Still, it has the limitations that you noted.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

gnollo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:21 pm

So I started experimenting with MCM, as it can also create XMBC .nfo files.
There are two by products
1) this process updates the movie.xml file and creates a .nfo file for xmbc. The .nfo file does not report "date added" which is quite important for me, as it allows Emby to give me a last added view. Imagine having over 3500 movies, and having to view them all before you choose which movie to watch. It would be insane. Emby allows me to sort the movies by "latest added", which is embedded in the movie.xml. Not a big issue as MCM can produce both files, so I am not losing anything
2) the process of writing the files above changes the date of the folder in which the movies are written. Call me OCD but I do like to preserve the date order I have written the movies to the server. I know. Do I really need it? No. Do I want it? Yes..... :D
<<

gnollo

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Is there enough interest in this feature?

Return to User experiences