FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Not Supported File Format" on Samsung for all online music

<<

Morden2004

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:02 pm

"Not Supported File Format" on Samsung for all online music

In the past few months my ability to stream online radio to my Samsung LN40D550K TV has failed. I am using Serviio Pro 1.6.1 and I get the dredded "Not Supported File Format" for any/all online streams; MP3 and AAC. Music files stored on my server in both MP3 and FLAC formats do play fine on the Samsung using Serviio. Also, the streams play fine using the Serviio Media Browser. I have all the Plugins in the directory. Every other function of Serviio seems to be fine.

Any thoughts?

Paul
:cry:
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: "Not Supported File Format" on Samsung for all online mu

Check to make sure the correct profile is selected in the Serviio console for your TV. If the IP address changed, it may not have picked up the correct profile.

Personally, I rarely use my Samsung devices as a DLNA player any more. They just don't seem to support DLNA very well. I have far better luck using Sony devices, as well as Roku players.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Morden2004

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Not Supported File Format" on Samsung for all online mu

atc98092 wrote:Check to make sure the correct profile is selected in the Serviio console for your TV. If the IP address changed, it may not have picked up the correct profile.

Personally, I rarely use my Samsung devices as a DLNA player any more. They just don't seem to support DLNA very well. I have far better luck using Sony devices, as well as Roku players.

I checked the profile; it was correct. I will admit that the Samsung is not one of the great DLNA devices so I guess I'll find something else to feed my classic Sansui G8000. :|

Thanks for the reply.

Paul

Return to Samsung