FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I'm 14/10 triggered

<<

abc23912

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:58 am

I'm 14/10 triggered

You would think that after this project has been up for more than a few years it would be more user friendly. Nope. Its nearly impossible to stream my desktop to my tv because of how convoluted this program and the wiki post for how to do this is ancient, probably because of how terrible and how user unfriendly it is that no one in their right mind would use this. Here's an idea: keep your wiki updated, tutorials for how to do things updated, and maybe people will start using this program = revenue for you, because considering how dead this forum is no one wants to use this. Maybe you should sell the rights for this to some one who has a 1/10th way decent PR department and is willing to be helpful and market this. You should probably sell it under a new name first because if I was an investor and I saw how dead this wiki is, i'd rather jump off a building and throw away $1 million dollars than invest in this pile of garbage.

Please, just scrap this program all together and start anew and give me the 6 hours of my life back that I spent trying to use this.

P.S. Im a pretty smart guy, and if I can't figure out this, I doubt the average person would be able to.
<<

abc23912

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:04 am

Re: I'm 14/10 triggered

Honestly, I could have saved myself so much time just to pick up my 4 year old decrepit laptop and plug that slow piece of garbage into the HDMI of my TV. F--- me for trying to use this program instead.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: I'm 14/10 triggered

Serviio is not designed to stream your desktop. Just because someone came up with a method to do so still doesn't make it something it was made to do. If it doesn't work for you, oh well. With your attitude and language, I doubt we'll miss your presence. I wish you all the best finding something that does what you want. :roll:
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to General discussion