FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung D8000 and Serviio 1.7

<<

morgothq

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:46 am

Samsung D8000 and Serviio 1.7

EDIT: Upon further troubleshooting, I can conclusively say this is caused by enabling subtitle retrieval from OpenSubtitles.org. As soon as I disable this feature, the problem goes away. I would like to be able to download subtitles on the fly, though.

I have a Samsung D8000 TV and prior to upgrading to Serviio 1.7 I was not experiencing any issues. However, after upgrading to 1.7 when I browse through my server via Serviio, I am constantly either kicked back to the root navigation screen when I attempt to open a category or folder that contains more than 12 items or receive a message that there are no video files on the server. This doesn't happen when I use ServiiGo on my phone, nor does it happen if I use the MediaBrowser. I have noticed that there is a longer delay on both between the time that a new folder is opened and when the contents are listed. I do not see any relevant entries in Serviio.log (last entry is 6+ hours ago and related downloading cover art). Based on what I'm seeing, I'm guessing latency has increased somewhere, but I'm not sure why.

Server is
Intel i7-860 w/8GB RAM
running OpenMediavault (Debian 7)
Java 1.8.0_101-b13

TV is connected via Wi-Fi

Configuration-wsie the only change has been the Serviio upgrade.

Any ideas?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:15 am

Re: Samsung D8000 and Serviio 1.7

Interesting. Serviio downloads the subtitles in the background, so there should not be any delay really when browsing the files. I will try to reproduce this, but in the meantime, could you try to enable detailed log and post it here once you reproduce your issue?

Also, can you try this when browsing different folders (with subtitles on), which maybe have only 1 file in them, or try to go to the same folder once it kicks you out the first time.

.. although you say it only happens with 12 and more items. Still it's be good to limit this down.
<<

morgothq

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:21 am

Re: Samsung D8000 and Serviio 1.7

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. As requested, I've attached a couple logs. I'll leave Serviio running in DEBUG in case you need more info. FYI, I set all the library logging to "INFO".
Attachments
serviio.log
2nd log
(169.6 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
serviio.log
1st log
(421.32 KiB) Downloaded 400 times

Return to Samsung