FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with connect to server

<<

greekdroid

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Problem with connect to server

Hello everybody

Since a few days I use the serviio server to manage my music. Also I have the app serviidroid installed on my smartphone. The serviidroid functions also as long as I am in the WLan at home, I leave the WLan and try to access the serviio, I always get the message no route to host. With the web browser I can access the Mediabrowser and stream the music.
I use the Serviio server 1.7. And the serviidroid 3.4
What settings do I need to make it work?

Thank you very much
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: Problem with connect to server

ServiiDroid is designed to work on your LAN only.
<<

tiziano.piva

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:26 pm

I Use Serviio free version for many years now and it has always worked well.
A few days ago I updated Serviio latest 1.7.1.1 version and now I can no longer view the movies properly, for some playback functions while the majority get the message "Unable to access the server. Check the settings on the server. "
The strange thing is that after receiving the error message even movies that used to play properly are no longer accessible.
I checked and rechecked the settings appear to be correct. I also reconfigured the TV network settings and recognition of Serviio.
My Serviio is installed on a Linux distribution (openSUSE), the TV is a Sony KDL37EX504 (correctly recognized) and both are connected to a wired network via an HP switch.
Many thanks for aid that you will give me.
<<

tiziano.piva

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:29 pm

tiziano.piva wrote:I Use Serviio free version for many years now and it has always worked well.
A few days ago I updated Serviio latest 1.7.1.1 version and now I can no longer view the movies properly, for some playback functions while the majority get the message "Unable to access the server. Check the settings on the server. "
The strange thing is that after receiving the error message even movies that used to play properly are no longer accessible.
I checked and rechecked the settings appear to be correct. I also reconfigured the TV network settings and recognition of Serviio.
My Serviio is installed on a Linux distribution (openSUSE), the TV is a Sony KDL37EX504 (correctly recognized) and both are connected to a wired network via an HP switch.

Problem solved!
I upgraded the PC server the required software for linux and I changed the default application for the mkv file type.
<<

SvenTaow

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:28 am

tiziano.piva wrote:I Use Serviio free version for many years now and it has always worked well.
I checked and rechecked the settings appear to be correct. I also reconfigured the TV network settings and achieveessays official recognition of Serviio.

Problem solved!
I upgraded the PC server the required software for linux and I changed the default application for the mkv file type.

Hi there,

I have an issue. I've noticed that .mkv files do not appear in the file List. I haven't checked .avi files yet. I followed all the steps from the thread HOWTO: Provide details of an unrecognized video file. Should I try them with VLC Player perhaps?

Return to Third-party tools integration