FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with LAN Drive

<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Problems with LAN Drive

Hi, I have a new 4TB HDD, formated with GPT 4TB NTFS partition conected with usb 3.0 to router.

When i add the LAN Adress "\\Readyshare\share\Vídeos" and search content, i get this:
1a.jpg
1a.jpg (179.55 KiB) Viewed 9401 times

Before install this hdd, i have an MBR 2TB NTFS HDD, conected in the same box with 3.0 to same ruter, and it works perfectly.

Then, i think that problem is GPT NTFS partition, but it need it to do a 4TB partition.

I try to connect this hdd to my computer with usb 3.0 and still same error.

How i can solve it?

Thanks.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Re: Problems with LAN Drive

Can you access the share from a computer or phone through smb? How much ram does the router have? My router couldn't handle dlna and made files turn into folders and become unusable. Try the usb3 on a desktop with serviio server, I bet that works better.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:49 pm

I can't read the message, but problems with NAS drives are almost always a permission issue. Remember that Serviio doesn't run under your user account, but a local computer account with limited network access. When you replaced the hard drive, it probably didn't have the same permissions as the previous hard drive. One thing you can try is to change Serviio to use your user account instead of the Local System. Then Serviio has the same network access permissions that you do.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 am

Hi, thanks for the help.

This is my router:
https://www.netgear.com/landings/ad7200/

This is the configuration of the LAN Folder:
1b.jpg
1b.jpg (496.52 KiB) Viewed 9389 times

I can access to this LAN folder from all my devices, computers, phones, TV without problems.

Before upgrade the HDD i run serviio with this LAN folder without problems.

Any idea?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:36 pm

I downloaded the manual for this router, hoping the English version would let me understand the different settings. Unfortunately, it does not contain any images of that configuration page, and my Spanish is so rusty I can't follow everything it's saying. I think the settings are all correct, but can't be certain. My next suggestion is to change the user account that Serviio uses to run on your computer. For Windows, this is done in the Services applet in the Administrator's tools portion of the control panel. I can't tell you how to change it in other OSs.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Sorry, i put the configuration in english:

1a.jpg
1a.jpg (455.75 KiB) Viewed 9381 times

I configurate the access to lan hdd without password or any porotection, before i change hdd 2TB with same router my serviio can read all videos on lan drive, my problem was when i change the HDD for a 4TB.

I think that maybe its about 4tb NTFS GPT partition.

I can't found any FAQ about if serviio can read GPT partitions.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 pm

I have a 5 TB drive in my Serviio computer, as well as three 3 TB drives. Serviio reads from them with no problem. And they are all GPT. But that isn't a factor with a networked device, as Serviio is only reading what is being offered by the networked device. It doesn't have to support the file system on the drive itself.

Thanks for the English conversion. I was reasonably close with what I thought it said. I always admire people that can use more than one language. :D
Dan

<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:16 pm

I know that my english is no so good...

I know too that serviio don't have native lan devices, but before change my hdd i have no problems with that :S

In my computer i have 3 HDD, where servioo work good.

This LAN device have downloads from 5 home computers, i want add these content :(

No one here use LAN devices?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:43 pm

I believe that many people use networked storage, but routers are usually not the best choice. Routers are designed for routing and firewall (NAT) purposes, and most of the time the ability to plug a drive in to share the data is just something they tack on. I can't explain why you are having a problem after switching to the larger drive. You also mentioned you connected it to the computer via USB and still had an issue. That seems to point to an issue with the drive, but I don't want to say it's defective, especially since other devices on the network can access it. I'm not certain if enabling detailed logging would tell us anything, but it might be worth a shot.
Dan

<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:35 am

My 2 cents: I agree. Router does not equal nas when it comes to dlna. I tried it and failed and am much happier with drive plugged into desktop and just leaving it on all the time.
<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 am

This router have "plex", is a nas-ready router, i move lot of data between my pc and router hdd without problems.

Before that i change my old router hdd i haven't these problems :(

No idea how can solve it?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:04 am

Let's see what a detailed log looks like.
Dan

<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Here is:
serviio.log
(493.14 KiB) Downloaded 340 times

Uhmm... very strange:
2018-03-16 11:18:49,787 INFO [PlaylistMaintainerWorker] Started looking for playlist changes
2018-03-16 11:18:49,900 WARN [FileDeltaPoller] An error during removing repository \\Readyshare\share\Descargas from the file monitor
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.polling.FileDeltaPoller.removeRepository(FileDeltaPoller.java:139)
at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.polling.FileDeltaPoller.repositoryRemoved(FileDeltaPoller.java:114)
at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.LibraryDeltaScanner.repositoryRemoved(LibraryDeltaScanner.java:127)
<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:19 am

:(
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:31 am

Zip will have to weigh in on the meaning of those log entries.
Dan

<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:36 am

is the router drive share user and password protected or open?

Because if it's protected by an account and serviio doesn't know the account that could explain it.

IDK just guessing.
<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Guys, i know what's the problem.

I buy a new laptop, first time that i try to open //Readyshare (red resource on my lan) i must provide user and password from router, admin admin.

This is why serviio can't access to this hdd lan...

Any idea of i can configure serviio to access with user and password?
<<

snowflake7

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Sounds like a permissions issue. Check out the FAQs "My files (on remote drive) are not scanned" Serviio runs as a service and needs to run with appropriate credentials. As installed the service will run as "local system account". This is typically not adequate for file shares across devices.

On my systems I have created a user with the same user name and password and duplicated that on the device that I am connecting to. (a linux based NAS or a straight Windows share, no difference, just make sure the user and password is the same.) Note that this needs to be adjusted each time a Serviio update is installed as the permissions will revert to "local system" during update.

Only caveat is the \\readyshare. I am not sure of the \\readyshare platform or how permissions are assigned, but a little research in this regard should solve your issue.
Sony XBR55X850A | Synology DS412+ DS214Play DS918+| QNAP TS-451 | Buffalo TS3400D | VM 6.5 ESXi | Server 2016, Server 2012 | Samsung Note 9
Samsung s9 | Samsung Tablets | Onkyo TX-NR656 | Sony BDP-S3700 | Multiple Harmony Hubs | Multiple Echo Devices | Firesticks | Toshiba FireTV | Sling/AirTV
Lutron Lighting and Honeywell Environmental Bridges | Amcrest 1080p Cameras
<<

NiLLS

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Uhm, lot of thanks, seems good :)

In the truth, serviio need a big update to add hdd drivers and LAN computers.

In serviio when you try add a new folder, you only can select local folders... to put a LAN device you must paste the adresss.

When i try access to //Readyshare with a new device, windows ask for credentials, where i must use router user and password, "admin", "admin".

I must put these credentials in any serviio profile?

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:54 pm

NiLLS wrote:Uhm, lot of thanks, seems good :)

In the truth, serviio need a big update to add hdd drivers and LAN computers.

In serviio when you try add a new folder, you only can select local folders... to put a LAN device you must paste the adresss.

When i try access to //Readyshare with a new device, windows ask for credentials, where i must use router user and password, "admin", "admin".

I must put these credentials in any serviio profile?

Actually, no. Serviio is good the way it is. The majority of users don't keep their media on a device other than the computer running Serviio.

The simplest resolution for you is to change the user account that the Serviio service itself uses. That way, you can use a user account that has access rights to your networked location. By default, Serviio runs with a user account called Local System. This account has very limited network access. Changing it to the user account you use to log into the computer will give Serviio the same network access you have when you are logged into the computer. There are numerous web sites that can tell you have to change the user account the service uses. But basically you open the Services app in Windows, find Serviio in the lists of services, and open the properties window and change the account on the Log On tab.
Dan

Next

Return to Serviio Support & Help