FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio utterly hangs

<<

eNdEmiOn

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 am

Serviio utterly hangs

Well it started with the library not being up to date so I went to the computer running serviio so I tried to stop and start the service but it refused to do so. And now serviioservice.exe is stuck in task manager. End process or process tree does nothing. If I querry for the PID it gives me this:

C:\Windows\System32>sc queryex serviio

SERVICE_NAME: serviio
TYPE : 110 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS (interactive)
STATE : 1 STOPPED
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0
PID : 0
FLAGS :

C:\Windows\System32>net start Serviio
The Serviio service is starting.
The Serviio service could not be started.

The service did not report an error.

The only way to get things going again is to restart the computer.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:54 am

Re: Serviio utterly hangs

What's detailed log say?
<<

eNdEmiOn

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Don't know, I don't have that enabled by default so...
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm

So turn it on?
<<

eNdEmiOn

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 pm

I was trying to gently pointing to the fact that I can't produce a non existing log. And that whether I turn it on now isn't gonna produce that non existing log. Sure when it happens again the log may show something but it is a sporadic thing this stop in library update more so the complete hanging of the .exe. But it has happened before and probably will again.

I do suspect that it may have to do with not properly handling file name changes especially if it's a batch command.

So were you actually suggesting to turn the debunk log on now and wait until it happens again or do you have any more suggestions that could help with this issue.
Btw I rather you don't suggest I switch to the poller mechanism as that comes with it's own issues like relatively high cpu usage and I'm not sure it handles well with large amounts of files as in more than 10000 or at least not at it's standard polling frequency. Decreasing that frequency may help but that tends to get annoying if you quickly want to download something but than have to wait until the poller gets to the next cycle.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:13 pm

There is already a log being generated. It is located at C:\Program Files\Serviio\Logs. However, by default debug logging is not enabled. Follow the link to see how to enable debug logging. I also suggest changing the default size of the log from 500k to something much larger, at least 5000k. That setting is in the same file that is edited to enable debug.

It's also possible your existing log might have a clue as well, even without debug enabled. If you could upload that log here, we can take a look at it.

And yes, random occurrences can be a real pain to troubleshoot. But the Serviio log is the prime tool for trying to help. :D
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help