TV Show Rating & Season Image

<<

Cooldwn

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:30 am

TV Show Rating & Season Image

Hello,

TV RATING
All my TV Shows display the rating as unknown. I just can not figure out what I am doing wrong as I need the rating there for the Child restrictions. For example Spartacus [tt1442449] is an 18 but is coming up as unknown and not being restricted by the PG-13.
Is it possible to add an nfo file to the folder Spartacus that just has the rating in it and the rest of the metadata pulled from the online sources? If so may I have an example of one so I can create them. Can I add the rating to the folder or anywhere to apply it manually as a fix?

LOCAL IMAGES
I have looked at the below links but cant not get the local season images to display. I am using the web-browser interface to view the files.
I have added a .jpg called season[03]-poster, season 3, season[03]-folder along with a few other naming and placed the pictures in the season folder and in the rote folder containing the season folders. I have rescanned video metadata and forced refresh with no joy. Can someone kindly provide an example or point out where I'm going wrong.

http://serviio.org/index.php?option=com ... icle&id=12
https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... ver-images

Thanks for reading and greatful for any assistance.
<<

Cooldwn

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Re: TV Show Rating & Season Image

I've just discovered that the Movie rating are also not working for me. I have a device which is Limited Access and the library is also limited and using PG-13 yet the device displays and plays material with a rating R. Is this a bug with the entire Rating system and parental control, age restrictions? I should point out that unlike the TV Shows the rating is listed next to most of the movies.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:14 pm

You asked if an NFO file could be used for one folder, but use online for the remaining metadata. Unfortunately, no you can't. It's all one or the other. I'll have to let Zip answer the rest, as I've never played with the ratings function.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Cooldwn

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi Dan, Thanks for the reply. I understand its one or the other, shame priority cant be given to local files then online sources if not found. I assume this is why I am unable to utilise local images and posters?
But yes it is the ratings not functioning/child restrictions which is my main concern, hope its not me being stpuid or something lol
Many Thanks
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 am

And might be tedious depending on how many things you want to change and if it can be done programmatically but if you change the Serviio metadata to come from XBMC Source info, and then get all your info is from online Source in kodi just to populate them, then added the posters or ratings or whatever you want. I had to do this for a few series, it works for my purposes.
<<

Cooldwn

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:13 am

Hi Freaknik

My current issue is the age restrictions are not functioning. I have limited access set to PG-13 and a shared folder with limited access ticked yet content labeled R is being displayed and streamed and no rating are given for TV Shows at all as if there not being pulled from online sources. Even if they were it wouldnt explain why PG-13 is not working on the Movies where ratings ar applied and displayed to some.

I'm also a bit lost on your Source Info hint. Are you saying if I change Serviio metadata from Online Sources to XBMC it will then retain any info already held where an nfo file has not been provided, and where one is override the currenlty held data? Does it have to be the full file info or like I used on kodi just provide the url link in the nfo file
Example:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/transformers
This would provide all the info

Thanks
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:10 pm

No.

I meant switch from online to xbmc nfo.

Then open kodi. Scan library from online Source within kodi.

Export those nfo to your Serviio folders.

Then each file like movie1.avi has a text based nfo movie1.nfo you can manually edit.

I know nothing of the age restriction, my parents let me watch whatever I want when I was a kid and if something was in need of explanation to put it in context, they explained it to me. Look son just because these women are naked, not all women look like this and it's not appropriate to see them naked at all times in real life. Hey son this violent movie it's just a movie, the actors are not getting hurt and you can't do this in real life.
<<

Cooldwn

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:08 pm

I think I have progress, it seems that any rating/restriction does not apply to the Media Browser via web interface which is why I thought it was not working.

The restrictions only seem to work via dnla, although whilst it removed content not allowed form the movies altogether in the series it leaves the cover art to content not allowed but at least no actual files.

So only issues are the rating not being displayed for TV shows and permissions via the web interface where you login
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:45 pm

sorry for late reply.

Local Images can be used even if you use online metadata. Just need to have that checkbox checked on the metadata tab.

MediaBrowser doesn't work with groups. In future version I'll add multip-user support to Serviio, so when you log into MediaBrowser as a user, it'll be able to assign you to a group and serve the right content.
<<

Cooldwn

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi Zip, No worries, that's good news about the local images, I'll try a force refresh and rescan video metadata see if it picks up the new poster.

Understood on the MediaBrowser, thought I was losing my marbles at first :D. Multi-IP-user support would be very useful and look forward to it.

Im also a big fan of the actual app ServiiGo, gives it all that polished look and feel. Would be outstanding to see this on the Samsung's TVs somehow.

Return to Serviio Support & Help