FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chromecast

<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:26 am

Chromecast

Using chromecast mostly nowadays.

On my android I go to Serviigo, set external video player and medium content quality, pick a show or movie, play through localcast, and it plays anything.

Mediabrowser does not work very well with the chromecast. No music will play at all. And the chromecast casting icon only appears every other time mediabrowser is used for video. In other words watch a show, exit, sign back in, go to next episode, very buggy.

But serviigo works perfectly. :mrgreen:
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Re: Chromecast

I made some improvements to 1.9.1. But the missing button will be there until Flowplayer fix it. https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... disappears
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Great job on 1.9.1!

It installed over the 1.9 perfectly and now audio works in media broswer!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

SO happy and excited, thank you for sticking with it.

Working much better than 1.9 already and only had it installed 5 minutes.
<<

carpler

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Looking for long time to understand if and how Serviio support Chromecast.
I think that if so, there must be a guide somewhere...
What I need to be Chromecast working with Serviio?
In this thread freaknik talks about Serviigo, but I don't know if the app is still developed because I can't find it on Playstore...
I need the Pro version? I just installed the last version (1.10) of Serviio and I got 14 days trial period for pro version, but I don't know how to test it...
Can someone give me some answer?
Many thanks!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Serviigo, to my understanding, was pulled from the Play Store for an update, and hasn't passed permission yet from Google to deploy. Yes, it requires Serviio Pro to work.

I don't know a lot about Chromecast, as I never liked the idea of having to use my phone or tablet to control it. While I have an Android phone, I've never used Chromecast. I have the older version of Serviigo on my phone, and I have it set to use VLC as the video player. However, even connected to my home network on a 5 GHz wireless router, I can't play a 4K video on my S8. It constantly buffers, so it can't handle the video bitrate. 1080 or DVD quality is no problem.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

JNehru

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Great job. It working!
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:52 pm

I have paid bubbleupnp and server application on the same server as serviio. It works like a champ, can do playlist, shuffle play, search, etc.

Just leave Serviio profile on your phone as generic and it plays all since version 10.

Flawless victory!
<<

carpler

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:36 pm

freaknik wrote:I have paid bubbleupnp and server application on the same server as serviio. It works like a champ, can do playlist, shuffle play, search, etc.

Just leave Serviio profile on your phone as generic and it plays all since version 10.

Flawless victory!

I think that BubbUpnp Server should be useless: Serviio would be able to do transcoding when necessary, but maybe it does not have a suitable app to be able to recall it ...
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:52 pm

In a perfect world you are right. In a perfect world the movie should beam Jessica Alba out of my brain and in to my car.....

Just install it, works for everything.

If your network is slow like mine, the bubbleupnp since it has own server allows you to control transcoding speed in the app. I use the fastest setting, ultrafast.

Put another way, the max my chromecast2 can produce is 720p, and imo it looks awesome everything I have played.

Even some higher def wbem files I had since the new version 10 those play too.

I do what I want but if I were you I would install the server and be happy.

So many times using serviigo and localcast I got the dreaded poop of doom, with paid bubblesoft and server I don't have to get off the couch...

#WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
<<

downlow

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:11 pm

freaknik wrote:In a perfect world you are right. In a perfect world the movie should beam Jessica Alba out of my brain and in to my car.....

Just install it, works for everything.

If your network is slow like mine, the bubbleupnp since it has own server allows you to control transcoding speed in the app. I use the fastest setting, ultrafast.

Put another way, the max my chromecast2 can produce is 720p, and imo it looks awesome everything I have played.

Even some higher def wbem files I had since the new version 10 those play too.

I do what I want but if I were you I would install the server and be happy.

So many times using serviigo and localcast I got the dreaded poop of doom, with paid bubblesoft and server I don't have to get off the couch...

#WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Agree. Just installed a Chromecast and the BubbleUPnP server and it's working very well. One issue with Serviio is the Chromecast doesn't show up as a DLNA device, so I don't see any way to tweak it from there. BubbleUPnP on my phone and their server SW on the server PC is doing everything I want. It still uses Serviio as the media server and it's index, so the BubbleUPnP service is just a supplement to the process that adds function and features. One tip I'd suggest is to use the "all user" installation of BubbleUPnP. I tried "single user" but encountered installation problems on Windows 10. All user installed cleanly and worked immediately.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 am

Cool. My server had win7 so single user was no problem.

Chromecast doesn't show as dlna device because it isn't one lol.

Return to User experiences