FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Movies vs Title, and random music suggestion

<<

Darkfalz

Serviio lover

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:54 am

Movies vs Title, and random music suggestion

Sorry, I realised I posted this originally in the wrong forum.

I want "Movies" to show in category view (ie. *, A, B, C etc.) - it's very strange to me that it defaults to a "display content only" mode showing all your movies in one list, which could be hundreds (navigates very slowly on my BD player).

I can use "Titles" instead (and this is what I do) but "Titles" shows other stuff I don't want it to show (ie. uncategorised stuff with no meta data).

I would either like an option for Movies to respect "Display category" option, or for uncategorised stuff with no retrieved or embedded metadata to show up only on "Folder" so that it doesn't clutter "Titles".

Another suggestion for Music presentation this time: Playlists (Random). Basically Playlist, but every time you open a Playlist it's in a random order. This is for players with no built in shuffle function. There is the "Random Music" category but this randomises your entire library - not practical if you want to listen to a randomised playlist of say, Easy Listening or something.

Even better would be if you could reorganise the "Random Music" by category.

Say

Random Music
- All Music
- Playlists
- Albums (not to be confused with Random Album, this would show each Album normally alphabetically, but then randomise the individual tracks when you open it)
- Artist
- Album Artist

This way you can have a choice of randomised versions of everything else you have selected in Presentation, say if you want a randomised playlist of all music by one artist, or play a particular album in random order. I realise most players have a shuffle function built in, so this would be primarily for those that didn't (like mine). To simplify it's basically identical to your main presentation menu, however at the track (not folder) level, it's shuffled.

I also have further tweaks to an old Sony BDP 2012 profile that I add back in every version, is there somewhere I can submit my changes to the official version (I believe I had some changes included some time ago, but I have made a few more).
Sony KDL-55HX750 and BDV-N990W (Home Theatre)
Sony KDL-40D3100 and BDP-S390 (Loungeroom)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Movies vs Title, and random music suggestion

I'll remove your other posts, since you moved it all here.

But can you describe what you mean by Catagory? How exactly would you like the media grouped? If by genre, there is already a presentation mode for that. Just need a better understanding of exactly what you're looking for.

As for a profile update, you have two options. Serviio now has the option of having a separate User profile file that is not over-written with each update.

If you want to have your profile changes persisted across upgrades, you can add new profiles to a file config/user-profiles.xml. All the syntax and rules described below apply to this file as well.
http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16

You can put your customized profile there and never have to edit the default profile again. You can also send a PM to Zip and attach your modified profile, and if it feels it will improve the experience for everyone he can include it in the next update.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Darkfalz

Serviio lover

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 am

Category - just split into numeric, A, B, C etc. like Titles is. "Movies" is set to "Display category" but there are no categories, just a (long) list. There is no difference between this view and "Display content only".

If the movie I want starts with S, I can scroll down to S, go into that, then scroll 20 more movies and find it. At the moment I'd have to scroll down 500+ entries. So I use Title instead, which works how I would expect Movies to work with "Display Category" but isn't limited only to Movies.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:40 pm

OK, I understand you now. But that's why Titles exists, to group them alphabetically. I see your point about the category selection not really doing anything, but I would guess that it's there simply to simplify programming, keeping the selection the same for all of the different presentation options. It would be redundant to to have Titles and Movies show the same format. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like Titles does what you desire, so just go with that. :)
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm

you can filter out episodic content from the categories on the Presentation tab
<<

Darkfalz

Serviio lover

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 am

It's not episodic content I want filtered out from "Titles", it's all the uncategorised junk with no meta data (random YouTube videos I've downloaded etc.). I would prefer these to only show under "Folder" view.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 am

those should not be there. titles only includes videos with metadata. YOu might be getting metadata for those anyway, if there is a match in the online databases. But in that case, you should store them in a separate Shared folder for which you turn off descriptive metadata.

Return to Feature requests