FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Different Sources

<<

beta

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Different Sources

I have different sources (folder) for videos, fotos and music on my nas.
So it would be nice to have multiple souces for one target (for example videos).

Additionally I don't know if it's possible to have any external sources?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:41 pm

Re: Different Sources

Yes, the folder can be external to the Serviio computer/NAS. However, since Serviio typically runs with limited permissions, you might have to tweak your network permissions on your remote device. You create the library location using a UNC (such as \\computer\share_name), not a mapped drive letter.

You can create multiple sources for one target (video, music or pictures) now. I have my media spread across 4 hard drives, with movies and TV shows in separate folders on different drives. I just create a new shared library location for each, based on their content. Also, by having separate folders you have the ability to tell Serviio how to retrieve metadata for each folder individually. This works well if you have a folder of commercial movies that you want to use with online metadata, and another folder of personal media that either has no metadata, or you want to use .nfo files to provide your own metadata.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

beta

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Different Sources

OK, will try.
Thanks.

Return to Feature requests