Hi

i make a serviio user
then in the home/Downloads i extract the the files
i've followed this
https://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=ho ... buntu15-04
enabled debug in log4j.xml
But i don't have al log file in the log directory

I have a philips tv and set profile on Philips NP Streamium
Then when i go to network on the tv i see the serviio server. But i've got the message no reable files
tried als other tv profiles with the same message

For the settupbox i used the following profile DirecTV HD-DVR
But i'v got a messge there is a technical problem.

First i have installed serviio on windos 10 with the same settings and it works fine

Who can help me and have also knowledge of linux
i do also a test with the following link
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5620
Vlc palyer don't find the serviio server
this http://localhost:23424/mediabrowse found files
<<

th3bucch

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: many problems with serviio settings en installing linux

Hi,
I had a similar problem and it seems like yours.
According to this topic, the issue is born with serviio 1.10.1 and probably caused by newer versions of java like 10 or 11.

The solution i found to date is to set your java environment to older version, 8 is working fine. To do so follow the steps below.

- First chech which version are you running right now with
  Code:
java -version
if version number is 10 or 11 go to next step, otherwise post your result.

- Stop serviio server
  Code:
sudo service serviio stop

- Set java version 8
  Code:
sudo update-alternatives --config java
and select the proper line. If java version 8 doesn't show you have to install it.

- Check java version to see if the changes took place, then restart serviio server
  Code:
sudo service serviio start
and check if is now working good.

Let us know if you still have the issue or not

bye
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:45 pm

th3bucch: that is good information, but not related to his issue. He has Serviio installed and working, but his TV shows no media available to play. When he uses MediaBrowser, his media appears. So his Java version is fine. If Serviio wasn't running, the Serviio icon wouldn't appear on his TV as a media source. We need to find out why his TV isn't showing any media. So there's really nothing wrong with his Serviio install, it's the profile for his TV that isn't working as expected. I believe we also have a language barrier, as he hasn't provided me with some additional information I requested in a different post he made.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

glda19

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:02 am

What addidional information do you need?
I edit de log4 file but I dont get a log filebin deog directory
I did also.a test with vlc player link in the link I posted earlier.
But vlc dont see serviio.
I trying later to day ore this week
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:17 pm

We need media information for at least one file that appears in Mediabrowser but doesn't appear on the TV or through VLC. I can't explain where the log file is being saved on Linux. It should be in the Log folder in the Serviio installation location. I have a Linux Mint test computer at home. I'll Install Serviio and see if I can find where it's going. But knowing the media information is really necessary to troubleshoot.

Since your media is showing and playing in MediaBrowser, that means there's nothing wrong with your Serviio install or settings. It's just a matter of figuring out why the media doesn't appear on your TV or with VLC (which is really puzzling).
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

glda19

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:23 pm

On tv I only see serviio but un readle files
And on the pcink in the link for vlci dont see serviio at al only the settopbox
And I have nolog file.
<<

th3bucch

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:58 pm

atc98092 wrote:th3bucch: that is good information, but not related to his issue. He has Serviio installed and working, but his TV shows no media available to play. When he uses MediaBrowser, his media appears. So his Java version is fine. If Serviio wasn't running, the Serviio icon wouldn't appear on his TV as a media source. We need to find out why his TV isn't showing any media. So there's really nothing wrong with his Serviio install, it's the profile for his TV that isn't working as expected. I believe we also have a language barrier, as he hasn't provided me with some additional information I requested in a different post he made.

Well, what are you saying is not all correct.
When I had that issue my TV was displaying my serviio server, so my smartphone did (using VLC) but no files showed, my LG TV also notified me about "unstable network connection" or something like that.

@glda19 if you want to find serviio log file you can try running this command in a terminal window
  Code:
whereis serviio.log

if no results were shown you can try the hard way with
  Code:
find / -name "serviio.log"

hope it helps
<<

glda19

Serviio lover

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:23 pm

and what did you do to fix it
<<

glda19

Serviio lover

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:40 pm

how to install serviio on linux mint 19.1
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:33 pm

glda19 wrote:how to install serviio on linux mint 19.1

See my post in your other thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25209&p=120929#p120929
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:33 am

OK, I have Serviio running fine on my Linux Mint 19 computer. Had to use apt-get to retrieve ffmpeg (I think), and did have to install Java 8 and perform the switch as mentioned above. But you've said that MediaBrowser was showing your media, so you've already succeeded installing Serviio correctly. Now the issue is getting the media to appear on your TV, and now we're back to the information I asked for before. We need media information for one of your media files. We need to know what audio and video codecs are contained in the file, and the type container that holds the media. Then we can look at the Philips profile and see if it's missing something.

And the log file is exactly where I said it would be. I installed Serviio to the /opt folder, so my log is under /opt/Serviio/log. It would really help to see the log file.
Dan

<<

glda19

Serviio lover

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:22 pm

What i did fist is delete the user serviio and add the user serviio.
upack the tar file in /opt/serviio.
Now i have a log file
That is what i see on the vlc player whitch is the same pc
Schermafdruk van 2019-03-01 18-16-19.png
Schermafdruk van 2019-03-01 18-16-19.png (91.85 KiB) Viewed 6787 times

and here is the log file
serviio.log.zip
(48.38 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

and still the same problem on tv and settobox.
on the tv no browseble files
and when i try the same on the settobox there is a technical error try later
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:39 pm

I'm glad you found the log. With debug logging enabled, the log is being split into multiple files. The one you attached is missing the initial Serviio startup. I can see that it is recognizing your media, I believe the IP address of your Serviio computer is 192.168.1.128, and I think I see where you are accessing Serviio via VLC, although that might be MediaBrowser as well. What is puzzling me is I see the profile 'DirecTV HD-DVR' being used for your computer IP, and I don't understand why that profile is being used. VLC should just use the generic profile, as it can play virtually anything. I just fired up VLC on my computer and it sees all three of my Serviio installations on my network, including my Mint box, and is displaying the available media. Unfortunately, I can find nothing in your log that indicates a problem. Unfortunately, I believe I've hit my limit on what I can help with. Zip, the Serviio developer, will likely have to look this over now. I just can't find any reason your TV and especially VLC can't see your media.
Dan

<<

glda19

Serviio lover

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:31 am

how is the owner of the the files by you
i see that my files are root:root
i copied 1 file to my serviio profile /home/documents
and the film have serviio:serviio
and set the shared liberary to home/serveriio/Documents
and noting to see in vlc or tv ore my belgium settobox / digicoder.

And last night i saw with no problem a fil from my windos 10 and last serviio on my belgium setobox or philips tv
<<

glda19

Serviio lover

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:17 am

i don't see it what is wrong in linux
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:17 am

I can't explain why it works on your Windows computer but not on Linux. Since MediaBrowser was showing your media on the Linux machine, that means Serviio was working properly. Why it wouldn't appear on your TV, I have no idea. The install I tested on Mint 19 is working fine. As the the file ownership on my box, I'm pretty sure the media is not owned by root, as I mounted the media from another computer with my standard user account. I don't think I had to use sudo, but honestly can't remember.

I'm traveling for work tomorrow, and won't be home until Friday. So I won't be able to test anything further until I get home. Hopefully someone else will offer some ideas here while I'm gone.
Dan

<<

glda19

Serviio lover

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 pm

i removed completely the user serviio in the weekend.
End add a new user serviio. En unzip the serviio to /opt/serviio.10.1
Than it wil not work.
Today i test it again en now it works. Strange on my tv i see the films and the subtitles and also on my settobox

I'm happy

But also in linux and windows the sound of the film is very low

Return to Serviio Support & Help