FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung Q series no sound - MKV

<<

Saulius

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 28, 2019 8:36 am

Samsung Q series no sound - MKV

Hi,

I have Samsung QE65Q7FNA with Serviio 2.0 PRO version.
For some MKV file I receive message that sound format is not supported.
Please advise how to troubleshoot and/or maybe the issue is well known for you.

Thank you for support in advance.
Saulius
<<

Saulius

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 am

Re: Samsung Q series no sound - MKV

After little bit research I found that MKV file containing DTS sound format will not play sound (not supported) on Samsung TV
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue May 28, 2019 12:16 pm

What profile are you using? Most TV profiles identify DTS audio and transcode it to DD. You could experiment with the Roku 4K TV profile and see if that fixes it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Saulius

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 29, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi,

Sorry for not being technical, where do I need to look for that profile - Roku 4K TV?
I'm running Serviio Pro v2 on Ubuntu server.
and using console web interface I can't see anywhere any profile to select.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 29, 2019 10:10 pm

No problem. On the console, click the Status tab on the left. Find your Samsung in the list of detected devices. You can see the assigned profile in the center column. Click the Edit button off to the right. Click the Profile box, and a drop down list of profiles are displayed. Scroll up or down until you find the Roku 4K TV profile and select it. Hit OK, then hit Save when back on the main Status screen. Now see if you get audio from the files that didn't have sound before.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Saulius

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 30, 2019 7:58 am

Thank you for your support.
Found it - apparently with Raku 4K TV not all the video formats were supported, after little bit of play around Samsung TV (B-series) profile worked best out.

Off topic, question - do you consider to develop iOS and Android client app? In my appoint I do see a need for :)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu May 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Saulius wrote:Thank you for your support.
Found it - apparently with Raku 4K TV not all the video formats were supported, after little bit of play around Samsung TV (B-series) profile worked best out.

Off topic, question - do you consider to develop iOS and Android client app? In my appoint I do see a need for :)

The problem with the B series profile is that it won't work correctly with 4K videos. But if that's not an issue for you, that's great it's working for you. :D

The Serviio developer doesn't seem inclined to create any apps, but Serviio does have API support for anyone who would like to create a client. There is an Android app, but it seems to have fallen into lack of support. Perhaps it's something that will be started again later. For iOS, I haven't heard of anyone that has tried. I attempted to create a Roku specific channel for Serviio, but failed terribly. My past experience with Visual Basic was no match for the current Roku programming language. :lol:
Dan

Return to Samsung