FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15 Beta 4 - Downloads folder?

<<

skygear

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:38 am

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15 Beta 4 - Downloads folder?

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15 Beta 4 - Downbloads folder?

I cant find my downloads folder in the console app anywhere. Any direction is welcome.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:04 pm

Re: Mac OS X Catalina 10.15 Beta 4 - Downloads folder?

Why don't you ask on a Mac forum? Many of us on here have no idea how a Mac works, especially a beta version.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

GrandM1961

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:53 am

skygear wrote:Mac OS X Catalina 10.15 Beta 4 - Downbloads folder?

I cant find my downloads folder in the console app anywhere. Any direction is welcome.
click on the + than Volumes, Catalina Data, Users and than Downloads.

Catalina has now two partitions and on Catalina Data all your data and downloads is stored as another safety precaution

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Sony Bravia KDL-42W805A, iMac 27 inch late 2012, MacOS X 10.15 Beta 3
<<

skygear

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:55 am

atc98092 wrote:Why don't you ask on a Mac forum? Many of us on here have no idea how a Mac works, especially a beta version.

Not helpful at all. I'm not asking MOST of you. I'm asking the MAC specific people here that have successfully set up SERVIIO MAC on their MAC since it is a product that they support and sell PRO. If I cant use in free mode, you think I will purchaser pro mode
/?

Really though, this isn't issue of where the "Downloads" folder is located anymore. It is an issue of the new SERVIIO interface with a more in depth interface for adding specific folders to the shared directory. I've been in and out of the 'TREE' and unable to locate the folder where it should be in the SERVIIO interface. DISK.USER.THIS USER. DOWNLOADS is where it should be. I cannot find that in the tree.
<<

skygear

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This is the important one though. DL folder isn't shown. Neither is the Catalina Data folder you want me to locate.

<<

Galaf

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Same here.

It has to do with some permission thing that came with Catalina.
After the update, I could clearly see apps asking to access Downloads as well as mountable drives. (Unfortunately, the two I use...)

I'm trying to find a way to add Serviio to the list but so far, the only thing I know for sure is that it's not an easy task unless Serviio itself asks for access to these folders.

System Settings > Security and confidentality > Confidentiality (tab) > Files and folders (panel)

In the above setting, you can clearly see which app can use which folders but I haven't found a way to add to it manually...
<<

GrandM1961

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 pm

skygear wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This is the important one though. DL folder isn't shown. Neither is the Catalina Data folder you want me to locate.

Click on Users and than you see the Downloads, but external drives are somehow not supported, at least not on the Beta’s. I haven’t tried it with the GM.

As for the Catalina data you have to click on volumes, and than select whatever you want to select and go through the folders. The rights on Catalina are all changed, it’s not like before. I will try it once again with the GM version and make screenshots of it.
<<

GrandM1961

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Om de afbeeldingen te zien rechtermuisknop en openen in nieuw tabblad.

Dit zijn screenshots in Catalina GM, en daar werkt alles weer zoals het moet.
Zelfs externe Harddrives.
<<

Galaf

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25625

Following this thread, I found a solution to the problem.

Go to System Settings > Security and Privacy > Privacy (tab) > Grant full disk access (left panel)

And give full access to java.

After rebooting Serviio, the Downloads directory appeared as well as external hard drives.

I'll update the Bitbucket issue as well.
Probably the user-friendly way would be to have Serviio ask for these permissions when using Catalina.
<<

skygear

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:55 pm

Galaf wrote:https://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25625

Following this thread, I found a solution to the problem.

Go to System Settings > Security and Privacy > Privacy (tab) > Grant full disk access (left panel)

And give full access to java.

After rebooting Serviio, the Downloads directory appeared as well as external hard drives.

I'll update the Bitbucket issue as well.
Probably the user-friendly way would be to have Serviio ask for these permissions when using Catalina.

Yeah. This worked. Thanks. I had been messing with permissions and was going to start bashing away in terminal. Appreciate it.

FYI - This is a 10.15.1 DEV/Beta 1 machine
<<

skygear

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:03 pm

GrandM1961 wrote:To see the images, right-click and open in new tab.

These are screenshots in Catalina GM, and everything works as it should.
Even external hard drives.

fyi - you can use https://imgur.com/upload and right click the images and copy image address. Then they imbed property.

MINE wasn't showing that. Now that I enabled Java disk access, it is working fine.
<<

skygear

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 pm

GrandM1961 wrote:
Click on Users and than you see the Downloads, but external drives are somehow not supported, at least not on the Beta’s. I haven’t tried it with the GM.

As for the Catalina data you have to click on volumes, and than select whatever you want to select and go through the folders. The rights on Catalina are all changed, it’s not like before. I will try it once again with the GM version and make screenshots of it.

I'm not inept. This is just not there until I enabled Java access as the other post had mentioned.

Currently on 10.15.1 dev/beta 1
<<

GrandM1961

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:34 pm

skygear wrote:
GrandM1961 wrote:

I'm not inept. This is just not there until I enabled Java access as the other post had mentioned.

Hahaha glad to hear your not an inept, for me Serviio was a good one. But i have switched to Jellyfin now, that’s an emby clone and a community driven mediaserver and more.

<<

skygear

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:33 am

GrandM1961 wrote:
skygear wrote:
GrandM1961 wrote:

Hahaha glad to hear your not an inept, for me Serviio was a good one. But i have switched to Jellyfin now, that’s an emby clone and a community driven mediaserver and more.

Playing with Jellyfin a little too. Couldn't find a tab to configure remote access and that was driving me nuts/

Return to Serviio Support & Help