FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio Directory Structure?

<<

Moggwald

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 am

Serviio Directory Structure?

I've got Serviio working with docker and I want to understand Serviio's directory structure a little more so I know what data should be persisted. What are the following the directories for?

Config
    Library

I assume the config directory is probably where the apps configuration files are stored? Library I don't seem to be able to guess what is is used for?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: Serviio Directory Structure?

Moggwald wrote:I've got Serviio working with docker and I want to understand Serviio's directory structure a little more so I know what data should be persisted. What are the following the directories for?

Config
    Library

I assume the config directory is probably where the apps configuration files are stored? Library I don't seem to be able to guess what is is used for?

The entire directory structure should persist, but the two you mention are critical. The config folder is just as it's named, containing all the files that manage your profiles and configuration. The Library again is just as it's named. The database is within this folder structure, and that must be maintained.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Moggwald

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:25 pm

atc98092 wrote:The entire directory structure should persist, but the two you mention are critical. The config folder is just as it's named, containing all the files that manage your profiles and configuration. The Library again is just as it's named. The database is within this folder structure, and that must be maintained.

The reason I mention "persisted", is in docker if the the volume is not mapped and I delete the container It would have to be recreated for those not mapped externally. I would like to be able to persist the settings between deletions in case I updated the image; I think copying the contents of /config out of the container then mapping it to a new location will fix that for me. Not sure whether that would be needed for library?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:30 pm

I'm not familiar enough with how dockers work, so can't say. But I believe that Serviio needs to find the directory structure as it exists within the docker. Of course, the mapped media locations can be anywhere. The media doesn't have to be within the docker sandbox. The database maintains the media locations.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help