FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to reset the Last Viewed list, v 2.0?

<<

dlzc

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:59 pm

How to reset the Last Viewed list, v 2.0?

So I upgraded from an earlier version, and the only thing that does not work, is Last Viewed. I don't know how to reset this, so it starts working again. Do I have to uninstall, delete any directories associated with Serviio, and reinstall, or what?
<<

kittmaster

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Re: How to reset the Last Viewed list, v 2.0?

What do you mean my reset it? As in......clear it out? Restore what you had last time?

I find that on a new install, I have to rebuild all my folders/database and the last whatever's are reparsed as time goes by.....but never to what they were prior to rebuilding.
<<

dlzc

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 pm

What I mean is, I have been using Serviio v2.0 daily for months, hundreds of movies and TV shows, and the Last Viewed list never populates, and never loads. I'd just like it to work again. What do I have to do to make this feature work after the upgrade?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:00 am

I don't normally have that presentation enabled, but I just turned it on on my test server, and it instantly showed the previously viewed videos. So that means the data is stored in the DB regardless if the view is enabled. Since yours is showing nothing, I have a hunch there's a glitch in the database. Unfortunately, the only way I know to resolve the issue is to uninstall Serviio, reboot, ensure the previous install location is gone, then install Serviio fresh.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:18 pm

It's linked to the user (if you have Pro) that watches. SO make sure to assign the same user to the devices you want to share for the user.
<<

dlzc

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri May 08, 2020 10:20 pm

zip wrote:It's linked to the user (if you have Pro) that watches. SO make sure to assign the same user to the devices you want to share for the user.

I have done this, made a "user" for all in-home devices, and given them access to the various files. Once I hit about 20 movies / shows, the "Last Viewed" list never displays on my TV...

TV is a current Sony (70" 4K), Blueray Player (serving up the media) is a Sony XBP (also an LG Smart TV in the kitchen serving itself). I am a paid subscriber. I have updated to 2.1, no change, but then I have not uninstalled, erased all old files and directories, reinstalled, and reconfigured everything (not a short process). This worked as expected under version 1.x, with these same devices (except the LG was a Samsung then, and could not access Serviio).

Help?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat May 09, 2020 1:53 am

dlzc wrote:
zip wrote:It's linked to the user (if you have Pro) that watches. SO make sure to assign the same user to the devices you want to share for the user.

I have done this, made a "user" for all in-home devices, and given them access to the various files. Once I hit about 20 movies / shows, the "Last Viewed" list never displays on my TV...

TV is a current Sony (70" 4K), Blueray Player (serving up the media) is a Sony XBP (also an LG Smart TV in the kitchen serving itself). I am a paid subscriber. I have updated to 2.1, no change, but then I have not uninstalled, erased all old files and directories, reinstalled, and reconfigured everything (not a short process). This worked as expected under version 1.x, with these same devices (except the LG was a Samsung then, and could not access Serviio).

Help?

Just so you know, for your internal DLNA based players, there is no need to create and assign user accounts unless you desire to restrict access to some portion of your library. By default, all DLNA players have full access to your library locations without assigning a user.

I've never owned a Sony TV, but have had several Sony Blu Ray players. I still use one, and the last viewed remains populated. Can you tell me what value you have assigned in your Serviio console for "Number of items in dynamic categories"? It's at the bottom of your Presentation page in the console. I have one of my servers set at 20 (default is 10) and the other is set to 50.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat May 09, 2020 1:53 am

dlzc wrote:

Help?

Just so you know, for your internal DLNA based players, there is no need to create and assign user accounts unless you desire to restrict access to some portion of your library. By default, all DLNA players have full access to your library locations without assigning a user.

I've never owned a Sony TV, but have had several Sony Blu Ray players. I still use one, and the last viewed remains populated. Can you tell me what value you have assigned in your Serviio console for "Number of items in dynamic categories"? It's at the bottom of your Presentation page in the console. I have one of my servers set at 20 (default is 10) and the other is set to 50.
Dan

<<

dlzc

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri May 22, 2020 7:08 pm

atc98092 wrote:Just so you know, for your internal DLNA based players, there is no need to create and assign user accounts unless you desire to restrict access to some portion of your library. By default, all DLNA players have full access to your library locations without assigning a user.

I was told I had to assign them to users, to get this list to work. And it worked, until I got "so many" viewed, and then I get the "rolling wheel" indicating it is trying to load, lasts forever. Firmware is up-to-date on player and TV.

Mine was set to 10, default. I have upped it to 50. No idea if this will have any positive effect.

There are no Serviio log entries being generated when I've tried to see this list.

If I uninstall and reinstall and reconfigure, the list works, until it is filled. Then I get the "rolling wheel" forever.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri May 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Just curious. Have you upgraded to Serviio 2.1? I have no idea if it will make any difference, but there was a bug related to users assigned to DLNA clients that was fixed.
Dan

<<

Nemo

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:57 pm

Dear all,

Since v2.0 I face a similar problem with Last Viewed at a Samsung D series TV, where the last view list is not populated and the TV crashes. However, the list is properly populated in my mobile phone app and Samsung J series TV.
I have tried to change the number of dynamic items (now set to 15), I have also turn on and off the last view folder... I have rebuild the library... nothing changed. The last view used to work fine.... Any ideas are welcomed. I use the free version.

Thank you

Nemo
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:58 pm

Nemo wrote:Dear all,

Since v2.0 I face a similar problem with Last Viewed at a Samsung D series TV, where the last view list is not populated and the TV crashes. However, the list is properly populated in my mobile phone app and Samsung J series TV.
I have tried to change the number of dynamic items (now set to 15), I have also turn on and off the last view folder... I have rebuild the library... nothing changed. The last view used to work fine.... Any ideas are welcomed. I use the free version.

Thank you

Nemo

My suggestion is to forget about using the Samsung interface for playing. Get a Roku, Fire TV, Shield, or a Blu Ray player that supports DLNA. Samsung has a terrible user interface for DLNA playback, and it seems to get worse with each new model TV.
Dan

<<

dlzc

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:48 pm

atc98092 wrote:Just curious. Have you upgraded to Serviio 2.1? I have no idea if it will make any difference, but there was a bug related to users assigned to DLNA clients that was fixed.

I've since upgrade to 2.3 and Sony still has a problem with it at 50. And if I make the dynamic list count, it breaks ALL the lists.

Return to Serviio Support & Help