FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

had to reset TV now can't find APP

<<

funkydad

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:29 am

had to reset TV now can't find APP

I have an older samsung tv UE55F8000
I have had the app for a number of years on the HUB.
I had to reset my tv a year ago and managed to find the app again...I'm not sure how because when I put it in the search bar on the tv nothing came up.
I once again had to reset my tv yesterday (don't ask) Now I cannot find the app again.
Is it still supported on my tv and if not is this the reason I can no longer find it or is there a way to look for an app outside of the samsung apps...I'm sure this is how I did it the last time.
Thanks for any replies.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Re: had to reset TV now can't find APP

Not certain what you mean by app. There is no Serviio app for a Samsung or any other TV. Assuming the TV supports DLNA (which yours does), Serviio appears on a Samsung as another available input, same as your HDMI ports or the TV receiver. That's where it is in my three Samsung TVs. Just press the input button on the remote and your Serviio server should be listed there.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

funkydad

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:52 pm

atc98092 wrote:Not certain what you mean by app. There is no Serviio app for a Samsung or any other TV. Assuming the TV supports DLNA (which yours does), Serviio appears on a Samsung as another available input, same as your HDMI ports or the TV receiver. That's where it is in my three Samsung TVs. Just press the input button on the remote and your Serviio server should be listed there.

Thanks Dan.
I may have dreamt the bit about the app.
I never knew you could load serviio by going into source button.
The usual way I go in is to go to open it up on my back desktop, and choose the app option on the tv and then into multimedia, all content, then choose serviio.
It is obviously all ready running. When you shutdown serviio via the desktop is it still running on the tv..I ask because even after I have shut down serviio on my mac desktop, if I then go back into the tv, servvio is still running?.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:36 pm

I can't say how long the icon will show on the TV when Serviio is shut down on the computer. With my Roku devices, it vanishes immediately, but on my Shield players, Kodi shows it regardless if it's running or not.

But how are you "shutting down" Serviio on the desktop? On Windows, there's no way to stop the Serviio service from the desktop or Serviio console. The console has a button to stop the server, but the service is still running. Yeah, a little complicated. And just closing the Serviio console does not shut down Serviio at all. It will be running as long as the computer is running, unless you use the Services applet to stop the service itself.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

funkydad

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:51 pm

atc98092 wrote:I can't say how long the icon will show on the TV when Serviio is shut down on the computer. With my Roku devices, it vanishes immediately, but on my Shield players, Kodi shows it regardless if it's running or not.

But how are you "shutting down" Serviio on the desktop? On Windows, there's no way to stop the Serviio service from the desktop or Serviio console. The console has a button to stop the server, but the service is still running. Yeah, a little complicated. And just closing the Serviio console does not shut down Serviio at all. It will be running as long as the computer is running, unless you use the Services applet to stop the service itself.

I just normally press quit on my mac but I don't choose the option on the desktop application to stop the server.
I have tried that and it closes it down on the tv straight away, so I think that's what I will do from now on.
Thanks for your help.
Appreciate it.

Return to Samsung