FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Old Samsung not working with assigned user

<<

Pauli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat May 09, 2020 9:12 am

Old Samsung not working with assigned user

Hi,

I bought the update to using the new version 2. So I update from 1.9.2 to version 2.1 on my Windows 2016 Server and Serviio is running fine.

Now i create some new user and grant these to the shared folders. Everything works as expected on my Panasonic and the media player shows the shared folder to the assigned user at the device.

If I assigned a user to my old Samsung device (D-Serie), I can not access Serviio from the media player at all. Serviio can choose, but the there comes an error and no media is chooseable. If I assign no user to this Samsung device I can start Serviio but of course he shows all media without user restriction.

Any idea whats going wrong or what I can do to use the Samsung with assigned user?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat May 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Old Samsung not working with assigned user

Unless you have a desire to restrict access on a particular library location, there's no need to assign a user to a local player on your network. But if you've created a user specifically for that TV, it sounds like that user account hasn't been granted access to the desired library locations.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Pauli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun May 10, 2020 8:36 am

Let me explain again - sorry my English is not very good.

I created a user called 'everybody'. This user granted access to 9 of 10 library shared folders.

Now if I assign this user erverbody to my two TV the Panasonic shows all the 9 shares and the Samsung shows nothing and display a no access try again error. If I change the assigned user to the second onw 'full' on both TV's the Panasonic shows all 10 libraries and the Samsung agin shows the error and no folder and no media. If I do not assign any user to both TV they show both the full library with all 10 shared folders.

So I think there is a problem for the Samsung to access Serviio if there is a user assigned to the device!?

Thanks.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun May 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Thanks for the clarification. And your English is fine... :D

That is a strange result, and I'm wondering if it's something specific to the TV. As a test, could you try a few other profiles, such as a Sony TV or Roku TV? I'm just curious if there's something in the profile that might make a difference.

Also try the generic profile. This one transcodes nothing, so if there's an unsupported video it just wouldn't appear in the list.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Pauli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun May 10, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi,

I think you got it. If I change the profile to generic, Sony, Roku etc. together with assigned user, I can connect Serviio from my Samsung and can browse the folder. OK then some medias do not play but it is not the correct profile.

I I try a Samsung profile (my C/D series or E/F and H) the Samsung TV can not connect Serviio. After I select my Serviio server as source I got an error. So it should have someting todo with the Samsung profiles?!

Regards.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun May 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Zip will have to answer if there's something that he might recognize that the profile might be doing. Did you try any non-Samsung TV profiles? Perhaps we can find one that is a better fit.
Dan

<<

Pauli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun May 10, 2020 7:45 pm

I tried some Sony, Panasonic, Roku and Generic. They work but not all medias could play from these playing on the correct Samsung profile.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun May 10, 2020 8:14 pm

OK, perhaps you could identify what would play and what would not with a given profile. I realize this takes a little effort, but without having the same TV to test with we can only make a guess about what would work.
Dan

<<

Pauli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon May 11, 2020 6:10 am

OK, thank you. I will make some tests and come back with feedback.
<<

Pauli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat May 16, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi,

with Samsung TV (B-series) profile the most of my medias playing and there is no assigned user bug.

Can someone find the problem with the Samsung TV (C/D-series) profile and the assigned user bug?

Regards, Pauli
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat May 16, 2020 6:51 pm

I can't help test, as I gave my grandson my old Samsung D model. And he uses a Roku Stick, not the Samsung interface. Can you identify what media does not work? Need more than just the file type. See my sig line for help identify the contents of your media files.
Dan

<<

Pauli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun May 17, 2020 8:44 am

Hi,

I have tested and look again at the profiles.xml. So the C/D profile extends the Samsung E/F and this extends the Samsung H-Series.

So I tried these profiles and all do not work if I assigned a user. The profile for H-Series extends the profile 1 (Generic) and with this profile the assigned user is working but no all of the playable medias are working. So the problem should at the Samsung H-Series profile and from there it comes to the E/F and then to the C/D right?

So now I try to compare the H-Serie profile with the B-Serie profile (is working with most media and assigned user. So the H-Serie and the other not working profiles have a HttpHeaders, a ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter and a GenericTranscoding part:

Code:
<HttpHeaders>
   <!-- for BD players -->
   <User-Agent>(.*SEC_HHP_BD-H.*)|(.*SEC_HHP_\[(HT|BD)\]H.*)|(\[BD\]H.*)</User-Agent>
</HttpHeaders>
<ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.SamsungContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter</ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>   
<GenericTranscoding>
   <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384"/>
</GenericTranscoding>

Could some of these be the problem?

Regards, Pauli
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun May 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Only @Zip can answer that question, so hopefully he'll see this post.
Dan

Return to Samsung