FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is there a floder size limitation in Serviio 2.1?

<<

imroscoe

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:58 pm

Is there a floder size limitation in Serviio 2.1?

I just upgraded from pro 1.10 to pro 2.1. This is a licensed copy. Some of my folders are now showing "No content found." I am running a Samsung Q60 series television using the "m-series" driver which has worked fine until the upgrade. I have found that if I create sub-folders under the main folder and move the videos into them to make a smaller foot print, the movies begin showing up in the directory. My question is, is there a folder size limitation in the new version or is there a timeout that can be edited in the config.xml? I would prefer to have all of the movies displayed in the main folder for browsing convenience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:55 pm

Re: Is there a floder size limitation in Serviio 2.1?

Serviio version 2 introduced user access control. Via DLNA, you can restrict access by folder for a specific user. The user is assigned to a device, there's no way to use DLNA and log in as a user on a specific device. If no user is assigned to that device, then that device can see everything.

With MediaBrowser, you do have to log in as a user. And this user must be granted permission to each shared folder in your library. If you have multiple folders, you must grant permission for each one.

But no, I am unaware of any folder size or count limitations.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

imroscoe

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:34 pm

Thank You for your response. I do have users assigned to each device and made sure the corresponding users have access to the content on the server. The problem seems to be caused by having too many files in a directory. The directories I am experiencing problems with have more than 600 videos. When I split those in to sub-folders, the files show up. I am wondering if maybe the Samsung device times out while displaying larger folders or there is a size limitation on the folders.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:55 pm

OK, good. I always need to remind myself about the user control with stuff like this.

You could be correct about it being a Samsung limitation. My largest folder is at 549 videos, and it shows up just fine with my Roku and Shield players. Since this is my Recorded TV folder, it usually grows with 5-10 new movies a week, so I'll reach 600 in the not too distant future. What is the exact file count you have in that folder?

Is this just in the Folder presentation of Serviio? Or are titles not showing up under other presentations? I just checked the Movies presentation (shows all movies without breaking them up alphabetically) and my 2000+ titles all loaded. Of course, those titles are stored in close to a dozen different folders.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

imroscoe

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:59 pm

I am displaying the folder presentations. There are approximately 630 videos in the folders of concern. Something else I have noticed, the only folders that are affected are the ones I had copied local thumbnails to. The folders without thumbnails display the videos fine and are just as large.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:03 am

Huh, that's an interesting item. I have almost no thumbnail files, so can't really compare. Hopefully Zip can make heads or tails out of it.
Dan

<<

imroscoe

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:57 am

Yup. Hopefully it can be figured out. Thanks for your input. I really appreciate you.

Return to Serviio Support & Help