FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

media list empty on sharp radio

<<

barninga

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:52 pm

media list empty on sharp radio

hello all,

I installed serviio pro 2.2 on a macbook pro with Big Sur and it's currently in its evaluation period.
I am trying to serve audio content to be listened through a DR-1470 GR Sharp radio.
I've setup my library to the root of "Music" folder and the Serviio console shows there are 40k+ music files in the library, and that's ok.
when I access the media player on the Sharp radio, it lists a dozen (?) of Upnp Serviio items, but if I select any of them i get "empty" and there are no media files or folders.
it also lists a couple of Router Upnp items, but they too are completely empty.
The Serviio console shows a device connected from Sharp's radio IP; it is assigned the generic DLNA profile. I could not fine any clearly related profile in the profile list (tried Sharp aquos but nothing changed). The item has a green dot on its left, so I assume the connection is ok. [EDIT: the green dot stays there even after turning off the Sharp device]
I tried creating a user and assigned it to this device, but nothing changed.
I tried activating the Upnp feature on the router, but nothing changed.
the firewall of my mac is off.
I just can't figure what I should change to solve the issue. My research on the forum led me to several empty content related posts, but they were all referred to the Serviio MediaBrowser, or to a situation where the client device shows a list of folders, which are empty. In my case, I do not even see the folder structure of the library.

thank for any help
stefano
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:53 pm

Re: media list empty on sharp radio

If you assigned a user to the device in the console, that user must also be given access to each specific media location. When you open your Shared Library location for editing in the console, there's checkboxes for each user name to grant them access to that folder. If you didn't assign a user name to the device, then it would have access to all folders.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

barninga

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:22 am

atc98092 wrote:If you assigned a user to the device in the console, that user must also be given access to each specific media location. When you open your Shared Library location for editing in the console, there's checkboxes for each user name to grant them access to that folder. If you didn't assign a user name to the device, then it would have access to all folders.

hi, thank you for your suggestion.
I tried both ways: with and without user, but no change.
I suspect there is something wrong with my router configuration, since the problem started when my carrier installed the new router. However, I can't figure out what. I tried enabling uPnP, with no result.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm

That is highly suspicious. One way to potentially cure that issue is to use a second router, one that you control. Connect the new router to the existing router, then connect everything on your network to the second router. The only catch here is that the new router must use a different IP address range. When I switched to Comcast a few weeks ago, their router by default was a completely different IP address range, so I had to change it to match my network. You might need to alter the address range used by one of them, as you don't want them both to be using the same address range. It's not difficult to do, but you do have to do it before everything is hooked together.

Another option might be to add a router, but place it in access point mode. It becomes a new connection point for your network, and you have complete control of the wireless settings.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help