FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

stability and responsiveness of serviio

<<

a4refillpad

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 am

stability and responsiveness of serviio

Hi,

Contrary to everyone else I seem to find the Samsung software a lot more responsive on my ps63c7000 especially when skipping forward/back. So I think there must be something wrong with my config.

Is there anything I can do to tweak this performance? I'm finding that the film drops out when I fast forward/rewing too much on serviio and very often it refuses to play a file on the 1st & 2nd attempts saying the file is unsupported and then it plays on subsequent attempts. The desktop running the software is a nettop running xp home with just an atom processor but the cpu load is always very low.

(additional info: the same thing happens when I use my bluray player too and everything is connected locally via a 100mb/1gbit switch.)

Any help very much appreciated.
Last edited by a4refillpad on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:36 am

Re: stability and responsiveness of serviio

Wired or wireless?
<<

a4refillpad

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:38 am

Have tried wireless in the past but now all wired on a gigabit switch and still the same. I've performed a network test using a fluke device and all is apparently good.
<<

a4refillpad

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:41 pm

any advice from anyone else?
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:37 pm

have you ever tried comparing the transfer rates between the nettop and a full computer. I have a WD My Book World Edition that the actual network interface slows transfers down. The network interface was the weakest link. Do a google search and you should be able to find some freeware that will test the transfer rate. or you could run a download test from http://www.dslreports.com using the same download test location and compare the rates.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

a4refillpad

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 01, 2011 12:35 am

I've already run an iperf test on the net top interface to my nas and am getting pretty good transfer speeds of 500mbits+ between the devices. I've also recently installed the software on another desktop with a lot more grunt but the situation is only magically better. Am I the only person getting better performance from the original samsung software here?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun May 01, 2011 2:39 am

a4refillpad wrote:I've already run an iperf test on the net top interface to my nas and am getting pretty good transfer speeds of 500mbits+ between the devices. I've also recently installed the software on another desktop with a lot more grunt but the situation is only magically better. Am I the only person getting better performance from the original samsung software here?

yes
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Samsung