FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LG 47LW6500

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:27 am

Re: LG 47LW6500

gphoton wrote:Success! The 6.0 Beta 2 allows all the photo and video content to show along with the audio.

As a side topic, I did have to modify the LG profile with (per topic thread 2344):
<Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
<Matches container="flac" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>

To get the FLAC files to be supported. The ability to have this control over transcoding is a big plus. I can now ditch the Plex (unstable) and TVersity (didn't figure out transcoding to support FLAC for me on the LG TV) servers.

I didn't have to reboot, as an earlier poster mentioned, I just stopped and started the server in the services admin tool control panel in XP and restarted the console.

Thanks for Serviio!
-gphoton

great
<<

gphoton

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:24 am

Correction (lpcm only plays for 1:34sec for some reason probably a LG TV issue, mp3 plays without problems):
<Audio targetContainer="mp3" aBitrate="384">
<Matches container="flac" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>
<<

ddayton

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:04 pm

i just followed this thread , is there some way i can request the Beta software too?
i have a LG 55LV3700 and have the exact same issue. See the audio folder, but no Video.
running the serviio service on a windows home server.

thanks!
<<

gphoton

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:09 am

Yes, on the top of the page click "user control panel", then on the left click "usergroups" . From there you can apply for Betatester membership. Be patient it may take a few days for a response.
<<

m509272

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:37 pm

I have a 55LV5500. Mezzmo works 100% fine, MobilTv cannot stream HD files without pausing every 10 seconds despite transcoding turned off.

I loaded up serviio with great hopes. Started off with similar Audio folder only which was empty presumably because I have no audio files. Went into the console and disabled Audio and Images and disabled all of the Video subs except Folders. Looked back at TV. Now have a Video folder. Went into that and then Folders. See all my folders. So far so good. Go into first folder TV_1. There are files, yeah. Then into subfolder, there are files. Good. Here's the catch back up into Folders where I see TV_1. There are my other folders TV_2 and TV_3. Go into each of those and get "Empty Folder".

Didn't get beta but found more folders with stuff in them today. This is after I repeatedly tried to run refresh library yesterday. Still getting some empty folders though.

Aug 10 - last night I noticed a lot of ffmpeg (think that's right) running and turned off thumbnail creation, restarted and lo and behold all of my files showed up in folders. Mostly everything worked well with the exception of blu-ray rips. Played for perhaps 5 seconds, stall, 5 seconds stall, etc. Again transcoding turned off.

Applied for Beta did not get any approval as of yet.
Last edited by m509272 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 pm

m509272 wrote:I have a 55LV5500. Mezzmo works 100% fine, MobilTv cannot stream HD files without pausing every 10 seconds despite transcoding turned off.

I loaded up serviio with great hopes. Started off with similar Audio folder only which was empty presumably because I have no audio files. Went into the console and disabled Audio and Images and disabled all of the Video subs except Folders. Looked back at TV. Now have a Video folder. Went into that and then Folders. See all my folders. So far so good. Go into first folder TV_1. There are files, yeah. Then into subfolder, there are files. Good. Here's the catch back up into Folders where I see TV_1. There are my other folders TV_2 and TV_3. Go into each of those and get "Empty Folder".

Didn't get beta but found more folders with stuff in them today. This is after I repeatedly tried to run refresh library yesterday. Still getting some empty folders though.

Just applied for Beta. Will update with results.

Try the search box next time but here is why it doesnt work, there is a BIG bvug in the LG software that causes this ZIP has manage to sort it but you wont be able to benefit from it until 0.6 is release as this release will include the fix for the LG issue..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

m509272

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 am

Thanks, read this entire thread along with many others before I posted. Did not notice any one posting about an xxLV5500 model so I added my model to this thread for others. Also applied for the beta based on what I read. I also hadn't noticed anyone posting about things "improving" overnight or over time like my scenario. Being a software developer myself I consider this important debugging information.
<<

efalvar

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:23 am

For those who are still using version 0.5.2 i.e. not part of the beta program, and have a LG TV this configuration worked for me.

Step 1:
In version 0.5.2 with a LG TV it can only display one of the root level folder i.e. Audio, Images or Video. So in the Serviio Console, Presnetaion tab you need to disable all but one of the categires that you primarily want to use. In my case I disabled Audio and Image so I could access Video. This has been fixed in version 6 I beleive.

Step 2:
For the category you have enabled, in my case Video you need to disable all but one of the subcategies. The category I most used if "Folders" so I disabled all the others. Again this has been fixed in version 6 I beleive.

Step 3:
You only need to do this if you have videos that use "dca" audo codec. Videos with this audio codec tend to be in the "matroska" container. On a LG TV you will get a message saying "unsupported audio" when using the "Generic DLNA profile" with videos of this type. If you use other profiles that try to transcode the audo you may get the "File is corrupt or unsupported" error. Here is a profile I created that works for me. I have pinched bits of this profile from other posts. The key bit is the transcoding configuration that works a treat with my LG TV.

<Profile id="14" name="LG TV xxxW6500" extendsProfileId="1">
<Detection>
<HttpHeaders>
<friendlyName.dlna.org>LG DLNA DMP DEVICE</friendlyName.dlna.org>
</HttpHeaders>
</Detection>
<SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
<Transcoding>
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="mp3">
<Matches container="matroska" aCodec="dca" />
</Video>
</Transcoding>
</Profile>

Hope this helps. Version 6 sounds like it will fix a number of problems.
LG 55LW6500.
Build 0.6 on Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, AMD Quad-Core 2.20 Ghz, 4Gb, 2Tb
<<

medalist

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi all,

I have the same problem. LG 55LW650s/Free BSD/0.5.2

@efalvar
Your solution does not work for me, I have just an empty movie folder

@mods
add me to the beta tester group, please ...
<<

thystonius

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 am

The above configuration worked for me using Ubuntu 11.04 with LG 46LW6500. Still will only display the first category.
Thanks to all who contribute to this thread. Really helped me stick with Serviio for my LG as the transcoding capability and profiles are really working well.
REALLY looking forward to .6! Applied for beta (hint hint).

BTW... I've noticed LG's spotty support for several audio codecs. I'm still researching the best way to encode for maximum support.
<<

efalvar

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 am

After futher testing I have updated my profile to make it more reliable for those who would like to use it.
In the Serviio console transcode menu there is a option to "downmix to stereo" or "keep original". The default option is "downmix to stereo". However if you change this option to "keep original" the following profile will break and you get a message "This file is invalid" on your LG TV. You can set the option back to "downmix to sterio" or alternatively you can add the forceStereo attribute to the profile, see below. Also I have found the "ac3" audio codec also works. so you can use substitue this line <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="mp3" forceStereo="true"> for this one <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" forceStereo="true">

<Profile id="14" name="LG TV xxxW6500" extendsProfileId="1">
<Detection>
<HttpHeaders>
<friendlyName.dlna.org>LG DLNA DMP DEVICE</friendlyName.dlna.org>
</HttpHeaders>
</Detection>
<SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
<Transcoding>
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="mp3" forceStereo="true">
<Matches container="matroska" aCodec="dca" />
</Video>
</Transcoding>
</Profile>
LG 55LW6500.
Build 0.6 on Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, AMD Quad-Core 2.20 Ghz, 4Gb, 2Tb
<<

Kahanamoku

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:31 am

Kinda on topic, since the topic is the LG 47LW6500.... ;)

Recently noticed that 3D SBS MKV's have been artifacting on this model TV, whereas on the LG BD660 Blu Ray player they play just dandy. At the moment I'm using a Sony BDPS580 3D Blu-ray Player to play them (successfully over 11g WiFi no less), so the issue does not affect me, but thought I might give a heads up on the issue with the video's on the TV.
<<

outphase

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:48 pm

I just bought a LG 47LV3700 and noticed it's the same on that as well. How would I get on the tester list for v6.0? Thanks!
Previous

Return to LG