FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BD 570 & WMV & transcoding

<<

Splicer

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:18 pm

BD 570 & WMV & transcoding

Good morning group. I am not the most technically savvy soul and need some direction please. I downloaded a movie from Amazon to my PC. I copied that movie to a USB stick. Plug the USB into the 570. Get the 'cannot play' message. So tried to stream via Nero and same message.

Downloaded serviio. Status indicates by a green dot my Denon AVR is recognized (I presume that is what the green dot signifies) as a generic DLNA profile. The 570 is also recognized but has a yellow dot which I presume means it is not recognized at the same time. The status indicates the 570 profile is 'LG BD player'. Not sure how this means.

My question is how do I get my .wmv file to actually work, using serviio? I did manage to get the movie art to show, but I couldn't tell you how I got to that point, but when I click on it, I get the message cannot play. What am I doing wrong? How do I get the movie to play via the DLNA capable 570? Step by step, what do I need to do?

I would like to be able to download movies to my PC from Amazon to watch on my big screen TV (non DLNA) in my living room via my 570 that does not support the Amazon app vs. watching on the computer or in my bedroom using my Panasonic player that has the Amazon app.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Re: BD 570 & WMV & transcoding

are the files protected with DRM? post ffmpeg -i of the file

Return to LG