FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio Online Feeds Questions...

<<

Christopher_Povey

Serviio lover

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:50 am

Serviio Online Feeds Questions...

Is there anyway of streaming the HD versions of programmes (or BBC HD channels) via Serviio?

My Sony BDP-S570 has BBC iPlayer integrated and when I selected programme I can then switch it to the HD version if I wish.

In order to watch an online "channel", I assume they have to have a RSS feed to their content? Does 4OD, ITV iPlayer, 5OD have such a feed?

Thanks.
Chris

Running Serviio on Intel Q6700 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC feeding a Sony BDP-S570, Pansonic TX-L37G20B, and a XBox 360.
Managed with Serviidroid via HTC One X
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Serviio Online Feeds Questions...

Is there anyway of streaming the HD versions of programmes (or BBC HD channels) via Serviio?

My Sony BDP-S570 has BBC iPlayer integrated and when I selected programme I can then switch it to the HD version if I wish.

Yes you can, just select the required quality in the console.

In order to watch an online "channel", I assume they have to have a RSS feed to their content? Does 4OD, ITV iPlayer, 5OD have such a feed?

We will need to write a plugin for those.
<<

Christopher_Povey

Serviio lover

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:18 pm

zip wrote:

Yes you can, just select the required quality in the console.

We will need to write a plugin for those.

I have set them all to high. The RSS feed does not completely match the built in iPlayer in the Sony BDP-S570. I had to hunt round for a HD programme on both to compare. They seem okay on my Sony. The Panasonic looks a bit fuzzy so it might be transcoding it.

Of those listed the ITV iPlayer would be good as the Sony BDP-S570 does the others.

I assume Sky iPlayer/Go (or what ever it is called this week) is a no go? It is integrated into the XBox 360 though apparently? How though, I do not know... :(
Chris

Running Serviio on Intel Q6700 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC feeding a Sony BDP-S570, Pansonic TX-L37G20B, and a XBox 360.
Managed with Serviidroid via HTC One X
<<

NX3

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Don't sky use MS and thus MS DRM ?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:51 pm

NX3 wrote:Don't sky use MS and thus MS DRM ?

nope sky use nagra3
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to General discussion