FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

planning a complete new set up help please

<<

eddiehook

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:53 pm

planning a complete new set up help please

Hi all am new and not sure if in the right place so please bear with me.
I am planning a new set up as follows:
main lounge samsung 46 inch 5.1 surround etc
master bed samsung 32 inch
2 x beds samsung 22 inch
possibly with blu ray for all share
media cupboard - computer dedicated to film and music library networked to all samsungs with blu ray burn/rip (with serviio as the media server because seems to be the best for cover art and ease of use)
audio will be by way of a cloud dcm1 and amp wired around with ceiling speakers and wall pad controllers in each zone.
firstly would anybody like to comment on system I hope it will work :? or any suggestions would be great sorry if off topic :oops:
have looked around all over the web and here to see the Serviio UI working on a video or something but cant seem to find, could anybody point me in the right direction please
<<

eddiehook

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Re: planning a complete new set up help please

Hi me again,
have just downloaded serviio and set up libraries. Question do I have to have a dlna device to see the interface or can I check it out on my computer, showing no device in status at moment although did pick up windows media player first off but would not open. hope somebody can help
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Interface is dependent on the device. You can check what folders and files Serviio serves, for example via Intel tools' AV Media Controller
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:35 am

you can also use a software dlna render on a computer on the network. I use XBMC to make sure a file shows up and to watch files on my computers.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

eddiehook

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:46 am

Thanks guys,
downloaded xbmc and put serviio as file for movies, works great, really have to order my first samsung today to have a play and learn all about so when system goes in it is seamless,I can feel a few late nights coming on :D
forgetting the audio do you think system will work and am I missing anything and do you guys have any preference on samsung tv model that works best, have read all the threads but still cant make up my mind.
will donate i promise as it seems you have worked really hard to put an amazing bit of software together.
<<

eddiehook

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Just ordered the C6100 plus 3d blu ray player hope it all works :D
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:11 pm

moltra wrote:you can also use a software dlna render on a computer on the network. I use XBMC to make sure a file shows up and to watch files on my computers.

i second that and to note DLNA wont work on WMP as its using one standard dlna setup that why we recommend XBMC.

eddiehook wrote:Thanks guys,
downloaded xbmc and put serviio as file for movies, works great, really have to order my first samsung today to have a play and learn all about so when system goes in it is seamless,I can feel a few late nights coming on :D
forgetting the audio do you think system will work and am I missing anything and do you guys have any preference on samsung tv model that works best, have read all the threads but still cant make up my mind.
will donate i promise as it seems you have worked really hard to put an amazing bit of software together.

get C series ones if you can they are much better than the new D series :) (eg LE40C750)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

eddiehook

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi all,
have now set up with new samsung d6100 all works perfectly but a couple of questions please
is there a way of making the film thumbnails a bit bigger?
can I just have 1 or 2 files in each section
do you think it will all work when I have the other 3 tv's set up all wired cat6 and through a gigabyte switch
Ed
<<

zip

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:48 pm

is there a way of making the film thumbnails a bit bigger?

No

can I just have 1 or 2 files in each section

What do you mean?

do you think it will all work when I have the other 3 tv's set up all wired cat6 and through a gigabyte switch

Yes
<<

eddiehook

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:43 pm

am trying to make as user friendly as poss I have found section where I can knock off files ie actors/directors etc
Is there a way to do a search at all?
Cheers
<<

zip

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:53 pm

no search
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:25 pm

eddiehook wrote:am trying to make as user friendly as poss I have found section where I can knock off files ie actors/directors etc
Is there a way to do a search at all?
Cheers

Under title it you can pick the 1st letter/number of the name and see all of the movies that start with that letter/number.

ie. "U"

Under siege
Under siege 2 Dark Territory
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx

Return to General discussion