FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question regarding RSS Feeds & Online Streaming.

<<

iSparK

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:54 am

Question regarding RSS Feeds & Online Streaming.

Hi,

So I've been looking in RSS Feeds as this is what I use Serviio mainly for, I've found a site that has an RSS Feed which has a list of films which are stored online.

I've added the RSS Feed to Serviio but have so far been unsuccessful and seeing the content on my Samsung TV?

Would I be right in thinking this is due to the not having a plugin to determin where content feed should be pulled from?

The feed itself is comprised of around 20 titles, which the files are downloaded to a TEMP directory before it's play online. Of course these files are downloaded as .FLV (Flash file) but I'm unable to transcode and see the file to play?

Any ideas?
iSparK
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 am

Re: Question regarding RSS Feeds & Online Streaming.

http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=42
Serviio supports viewing of public online content, currently in the form of RSS/Atom feeds.
Online feeds can include links to image, audio or video files. In the case of image and audio files, it is usually easy for Serviio to get this content, because the actual files are linked in the feed. In the case of video files, some web sites provide feeds with media links, most of them will publish feeds linking to a page with a video player though (e.g. YouTube). To figure out the media link Serviio needs to run a plugin that will do all that work.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

iSparK

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:35 am

Ok..

What if I want to stream a video thats Flash (.FLV) to my Samsung TV, and the the file is not embeded it's a direct link to the download of the file?

Am I able to do this using Serviio? I've seen it's possible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdER2aI4J0Q) using TVeristy, however I find this program is crap compaired to Serviio!!

As you can see from the above link the guy downloads the file using a firefox extension, he then copys the link from the download and enters this URL into TVeristy.. and it gets transcoded and streamed to his Xbox!

I wish to do the same thin only using your software and stream it to my Samsung TV

But I'm using your software because it's far better and has great support for Samsung TV's...
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:01 am

This is not possible yet, the video would have to be in a feed. The possibility to add a single file URL might be added in the future (either single URL or a part of a playlist)
<<

HellesAngel

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Can anyone think of a half-way slick way of doing something like this? The wife likes to watch stuff streamed off the internet, usually we plug our laptop into the HDMI in on the TV so it becomes the world's most expensive DVD player, and stops me doing myStuff, but fortunately I usually manage not to watch with her ;)

Most of the websites are like this one: http://www.cucirca.com/2006/01/17/greys ... ays-night/
It doesn't take a genius to pick out the link to the video, mostly SWF, from the source: http://www.megavideo.com/v/YJS1SVDT5a86 ... 73706765.0
But to get a three month old, internet enabled, Sony TV to play it seems to require super-human powers of Google-fu.

Any clues gratefully received.

Edit: After a bit of fiddling I've found that the Ant Video Downloader plugin for Firefox seems to work well enough for downloading the videos from megavideo.com (couldn't get Greasemonkey or Keep-Tube to work), but it's a long and tortuous process to identify the link, get it up in the browser, download, copy to the Serviio video directory, and finally get a cup of tea and watch it...
<<

pilothaz

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:13 pm

With the streaming feeds can you use any of these kinds from revision3?

http://revision3.com/filmstate/feed/MP4-hd30
http://revision3.com/diggnation/feed/MP4-hd30

I keep getting errors. Also, you don't need to download the groovy application into the plugins directory correct? That is only if you want to grab any of the ones from the plugins part of the forum.

These seem to be correct Atom/RSS feeds that I have used before and in google reader.

Also, is there any way for me to have shoutcast feeds being added in for the future? That would be amazing. Could you give an example of a type of audio feed that could be done though here? Would it be a type of podcast and not a live station?

Thanks in advance,
Sean.
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 pm

You need to be more descriptive on what errors you are having :lol: just saying errors is not helping me solve the issues you are having. Make sure there the 720p HD versions because they all work for me some of the destructoid thumbnails dont display on my ps3 but every feed works fine for me.
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

pilothaz

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:12 pm

WildRushSykes wrote:You need to be more descriptive on what errors you are having :lol: just saying errors is not helping me solve the issues you are having. Make sure there the 720p HD versions because they all work for me some of the destructoid thumbnails dont display on my ps3 but every feed works fine for me.

I will update with exact quote when I am home, was at work when I posted lol.
<<

pilothaz

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:39 am

The feed works fine on my Samsung C series tv downstairs, but on my WDTV Live Plus I have this following message, "Unable to play the selected file. Please see the User Manual for a list of supported file formats."

I have selected WDTV Live on the renderer profile.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Then you need to modify the WD Profile to transcode the stream correctly.
<<

pilothaz

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:20 pm

jhb50 wrote:Then you need to modify the WD Profile to transcode the stream correctly.

And what is the modification? I can just use the mediafly app but would like to have this setup correctly as well.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Probably the same as in the Samsung profile if your manual says it can play that.

Return to General discussion