FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

YouTube

<<

sucka_punch

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Re: YouTube

zip wrote:serviio refreshes it. if the feed XML stays the same, I don't know, you can try opening it in a browser and compare the feed contents to what is on the website itself

I will test it.

By the way: The new online feature kicks ass!
<<

Chz

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Works very well for streaming my favourites all in a row, since the Samsung app has no ability to go through them one by one. But it does load quite slow; it takes about 20 seconds in-between videos to load. During which time the one year-old gets distracted and starts trashing the room. (Music videos soothe the savage beast, you see)
<<

sucka_punch

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:29 pm

For me autorefresh doesn't work. I get always the same videos for 2 days now even if a lot of new videos would be available.
<<

iSparK

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Just installed this plugin and at first it played every video..

(http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/stan ... /top_rated)

But not it only plays one video and the rest I get error message "Video Codec Not Supported"

I don't understand this worked the first time I installed the plugin and now only one video will play?

EDIT: When changing the profile to Generic DLNA Profile, youtube streams every video but once it changed back to Samsung TV / Player (C/D-series) it will only play 1/2 videos...
<<

sunchar

Serviio lover

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:04 pm

iSparK wrote:Just installed this plugin and at first it played every video..

(http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/stan ... /top_rated)

But not it only plays one video and the rest I get error message "Video Codec Not Supported"

I don't understand this worked the first time I installed the plugin and now only one video will play?

EDIT: When changing the profile to Generic DLNA Profile, youtube streams every video but once it changed back to Samsung TV / Player (C/D-series) it will only play 1/2 videos...

I´ll give a try without transcoding, because every time i try to play youtube files (a lot) i always receive the same error "Video Codec Not Supported".

EDIT: I have tried without transcoding and still the same. :S
<<

awaraarawa

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Hoping to elicit a response....and thus reposting my earlier note...still having trouble streaming content via Serviio installed on my WHS v1 and viewed on a LG TV via LG BlueRay player BD 670....is this not a doable scenario OR am I missing something in the configuration/setup? The same setup streams photographs/audio/video content stored on the WHS without a problem. Would appreciate any advice on what I need to fix. Thanks.

---------------Previous post follows---------------
OK, got it. I tried the most viewed YouTube sample URL and it seems to work.....a number of YouTube videos were listed for the URL (http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/stan ... time=today) listed. However, I could not get a Hulu URL to work...does that mean I need a plugin for Hulu and thus the Empty results for it?

One more issue - While I can view the YouTube results on my non-DLNA LG TV via a DLNA capable LG BD 670 blue ray player, I am having trouble playing them. This DLNA blue ray player is connected via Ethernet cable to my home network to which the WHS server is also connected. When I play the video, the result is quite bad, one frame a second - not quite a video.....extreme stutter would be an understatement.

Obviously, I am missing something else in the configuration / setup. I manually entered the renderer profile and selected the LG TV / Player profile. Should I let the application discover the player rather than setting it up manually? Switching to a generic DLNA profile did not make any difference in the results either. The YouTube video plays fine on my laptop without a problem, so the issue is not with the video.....internet connection is fast and stable via cable @ around 18Mbps. However, the player appears to be having bad buffering issues. I have MPG videos and JPG photos on the WHS and they play fine via the same setup. So, streaming content from the WHS to the TV is not the issue. Why would the YouTube video channeled via the WHS have a buffering problem?

So, what am I missing with the Serviio configuration? I have changed the Preferred Online Content Quality to LOW from the default of MEDIUM but no change in the results.

Appreciate any assistance/suggestions to get this figured. Thanks.

PS: When adding a new URL for an online source, there is only one source type listed Online RSS/Atom feed.....should other options be showing up here? Is that what is missing?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:34 pm

@iSparK - that cause online transcoding was not setup as with the C series all files play fine but D series are having issue, all you have to do is copy the online transcode section from the B series profile into the C/D profile and it will be working. :)

@sunchar - they have to be transcoded for the D series devices see my above comment.

@awaraarawa - DO NOT spam your question in unrelated threads, they will just be ignored or removed.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

deloosem

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:49 am

Hi, I am new to this here but:

I installed the youtube plugin. And on XMB he lists all the my favorite files and I can play them.
On my mediaplayer (playonHD2) it lists only one file. And the one file plays.

I tried all the other profiles but that just resulted in no files listed.

I am puzzled on what to do here.

ANy help would be great! :)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:14 pm

There is no profile for your device that why u are seeing this you need to post in the Support forum and ask for a profile to be created for your device.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

sunchar

Serviio lover

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:37 am

Cerberus wrote:@iSparK - that cause online transcoding was not setup as with the C series all files play fine but D series are having issue, all you have to do is copy the online transcode section from the B series profile into the C/D profile and it will be working. :)

@sunchar - they have to be transcoded for the D series devices see my above comment.

@awaraarawa - DO NOT spam your question in unrelated threads, they will just be ignored or removed.

Thanks Cerberus, i'll follow that steps and later i''ll post results.

Edit: I have copied the online transcoding segment from Samsung B series to C/D Series segment and nothing changed.
¿Do you know if i did something wrong?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:26 am

nope not had chance to play with it yet will if i get a sec, but then i might not be around much longer.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:55 pm

sunchar wrote:
Cerberus wrote:@iSparK - that cause online transcoding was not setup as with the C series all files play fine but D series are having issue, all you have to do is copy the online transcode section from the B series profile into the C/D profile and it will be working. :)

Thanks Cerberus, i'll follow that steps and later i''ll post results.

Edit: I have copied the online transcoding segment from Samsung B series to C/D Series segment and nothing changed.
¿Do you know if i did something wrong?

Post detailed log of when you play the file.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Just to clarify, YouTube files will be h263 or VP6.flv, h264.flv or h264.mp4, depending on the quality. Depending on the ability of your TV to play each of these natively, they may have to be transcoded.

The stock C/D profile contains the correct rules for .flv transcoding in the local "Transcoding" section which also are applied to online files so no changes are required for them.
The online rule for .mp4 files however needs to be added because the B profile "Online Transcoding" rule that re-encodes the .mp4 video to mpeg2video is inherited by the C/D Profile and needs to be overridden to simply re-mux the .mp4 file on the D series which can play the h264 natively.

The following addition to the C/D profile will do that, and all YouYubes should play regardless of your quality setting. Note however that I have reported a bug https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/issue/435/samsung-d-series-tv-transcoding-to that prevents the transcoded .flv files from playing on Series D TV's, but they will play if maxVBitrate=30000 is added to the existing local .flv transcoding rules.
My succcessful C/D profile now looks like this:
  Code:
      <Transcoding>
         <!-- Transcode all h264 video with HIGH/MAIN > Level 4.1 on MPEG-TS stream with MPEG2VIDEO and ac3 audio transcoding -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="192" maxVBitrate="30000">  <!-- jhb50  max vbr so TV will play it  -->
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
                <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="lpcm" />
         </Video>
         <!-- transcode H264 MP4 files with LPCM audio -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="mpegts" aCodec="mp2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" aCodec="lpcm" />
            <Matches container="flv" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="flac" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="vorbis" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="vc1" />
            <Matches container="ogg" vCodec="mpeg4" />
            <Matches container="3gp" aCodec="amrnb" /> 
         </Video>   
         <!-- transcode MKV with MPEG2 video, remux into mpeg2ts -->
         <!-- transcode AVI with AVC video -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" maxVBitrate="30000">  <!-- jhb50  max vbr so TV will play it  -->
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="mpeg2video" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mjpeg" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="dvvideo" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
         </Video>
         <!-- For dvr-ms files force mpeg2video transcoding to fix monotone timestamps problems-->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" forceVTranscoding="true" maxVBitrate="30000"> <!-- jhb50  max vbr so TV will play it  -->                                              <Matches container="asf" vCodec="mpeg2video" />
         </Video>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts">
            <Matches container="wtv" />
         </Video>
         <!-- transcode audio only for wmv with wmapro -->
         <Video targetContainer="asf" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="256">
            <Matches container="asf" aCodec="wmapro" />
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="flac" />
         </Audio>
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384">
            <Matches container="mp4"/>  <!-- jhb50  to overide B profile mp4 rule  -->
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="mp3">
            <Matches container="flv"/>
         </Audio>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
<<

Scoty

Serviio lover

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:57 am

How can i add this http://www.youtube.com/trailers ?
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:27 pm

It would take a groovy scraping these lines in the html
<a href="/watch?v=yD_c5qMFA-E" class=" yt-uix-hovercard-target" rel="nofollow" title="Inni" dir="ltr">Inni</a>

Other option is the trailers channel but its not the same.
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/trailers/uploads?v=2
Last edited by jhb50 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Scoty

Serviio lover

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Danke, funktionert.
<<

Spartacus

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks. I will try your profile to see if it works on my JadooTV Box (aka EVA2000 , ITV2000 , Vunow HD Box ). However , are you able to rewind and fast forward with this profile ?

jhb50 wrote:Just to clarify, YouTube files will be h263 or VP6.flv, h264.flv or h264.mp4, depending on the quality. Depending on the ability of your TV to play each of these natively, they may have to be transcoded.

The stock C/D profile contains the correct rules for .flv transcoding in the local "Transcoding" section which also are applied to online files so no changes are required for them.
The online rule for .mp4 files however needs to be added because the B profile "Online Transcoding" rule that re-encodes the .mp4 video to mpeg2video is inherited by the C/D Profile and needs to be overridden to simply re-mux the .mp4 file on the D series which can play the h264 natively.

The following addition to the C/D profile will do that, and all YouYubes should play regardless of your quality setting. Note however that I have reported a bug https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/issue/435/samsung-d-series-tv-transcoding-to that prevents the transcoded .flv files from playing on Series D TV's, but they will play if maxVBitrate=30000 is added to the existing local .flv transcoding rules.
My succcessful C/D profile now looks like this:
  Code:
      <Transcoding>
         <!-- Transcode all h264 video with HIGH/MAIN > Level 4.1 on MPEG-TS stream with MPEG2VIDEO and ac3 audio transcoding -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="192" maxVBitrate="30000">  <!-- jhb50  max vbr so TV will play it  -->
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
                <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="lpcm" />
         </Video>
         <!-- transcode H264 MP4 files with LPCM audio -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="mpegts" aCodec="mp2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" aCodec="lpcm" />
            <Matches container="flv" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="flac" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="vorbis" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="vc1" />
            <Matches container="ogg" vCodec="mpeg4" />
            <Matches container="3gp" aCodec="amrnb" /> 
         </Video>   
         <!-- transcode MKV with MPEG2 video, remux into mpeg2ts -->
         <!-- transcode AVI with AVC video -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" maxVBitrate="30000">  <!-- jhb50  max vbr so TV will play it  -->
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="mpeg2video" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mjpeg" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="dvvideo" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
         </Video>
         <!-- For dvr-ms files force mpeg2video transcoding to fix monotone timestamps problems-->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" forceVTranscoding="true" maxVBitrate="30000"> <!-- jhb50  max vbr so TV will play it  -->                                              <Matches container="asf" vCodec="mpeg2video" />
         </Video>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts">
            <Matches container="wtv" />
         </Video>
         <!-- transcode audio only for wmv with wmapro -->
         <Video targetContainer="asf" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="256">
            <Matches container="asf" aCodec="wmapro" />
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="flac" />
         </Audio>
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384">
            <Matches container="mp4"/>  <!-- jhb50  to overide B profile mp4 rule  -->
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="mp3">
            <Matches container="flv"/>
         </Audio>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
<<

arno

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with a playlist for my children. (URL: http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/play ... 6D44D4EE25)
I activated the debug mode. In the log file, ffmpeg returns me an error:
[ProcessExecutor] Process ffmpeg HAS return code of 1! This is a error as possible.

Here is the log

2011-11-11 22:46:39,099 DEBUG [VideoDeliveryEngine] Delivering item '1000000000070001' for client 'IPAddress=/192.168.0.20, Profile=Samsung TV / player (C/D-series)'
2011-11-11 22:46:39,100 DEBUG [VideoDeliveryEngine] Delivering file 'http://o-o.preferred.ams03g05.v19.lscache5.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Csource%2Calgorithm%2Cburst%2Cfactor%2Ccp&fexp=913528%2C911608&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=34&ip=78.0.0.0&burst=40&sver=3&signature=AE53D35C8C0DE7AE5138366C66FCA6CBF4584902.BD4C3BB3A3546A604437B94288A70F93F215AF20&source=youtube&expire=1321070400&key=yt1&ipbits=8&factor=1.25&cp=U0hRRlBSTl9FSkNOMV9ITFJFOnRoRkdfS2R5cnlJ&id=00e302b57adddcde' using transcoding
2011-11-11 22:46:39,100 DEBUG [AbstractTranscodingDeliveryEngine] Stopping previous transcoding job of file '/tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-1000000000070008-MPEG2TS.stf'
2011-11-11 22:46:39,101 DEBUG [AbstractTranscodingDeliveryEngine] Deleted temp file '/tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-1000000000070008-MPEG2TS.stf': false
2011-11-11 22:46:39,101 DEBUG [AbstractTranscodingDeliveryEngine] No suitable transcoding job exists yet, start one for client 'IPAddress=/192.168.0.20, Profile=Samsung TV / player (C/D-series)'
2011-11-11 22:46:39,102 DEBUG [FFMPEGWrapper] Invoking FFmpeg to transcode video file: http://o-o.preferred.ams03g05.v19.lscac ... b57adddcde
2011-11-11 22:46:39,102 DEBUG [ProcessExecutor] Starting ffmpeg -i http://o-o.preferred.ams03g05.v19.lscac ... b57adddcde -y -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -copyts -acodec ac3 -ab 128k -ac 2 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -sn -f mpegts /tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-1000000000070001-MPEG2TS.stf
2011-11-11 22:46:39,825 WARN [ProcessExecutor] Process ffmpeg has a return code of 1! This is a possible error.
2011-11-11 22:46:39,826 DEBUG [TranscodingJobListener] Transcoding finished; successful: false

When I try to manually run this command, it fails

ffmpeg -i http://o-o.preferred.ams03g05.v19.lscac ... b57adddcde -y -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -copyts -acodec ac3 -ab 128k -ac 2 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -sn -f mpegts /tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-1000000000070001-MPEG2TS.stf

but when I run this (with "), it works

ffmpeg -i "http://o-o.preferred.ams03g05.v19.lscache5.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Csource%2Calgorithm%2Cburst%2Cfactor%2Ccp&fexp=913528%2C911608&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=34&ip=78.0.0.0&burst=40&sver=3&signature=AE53D35C8C0DE7AE5138366C66FCA6CBF4584902.BD4C3BB3A3546A604437B94288A70F93F215AF20&source=youtube&expire=1321070400&key=yt1&ipbits=8&factor=1.25&cp=U0hRRlBSTl9FSkNOMV9ITFJFOnRoRkdfS2R5cnlJ&id=00e302b57adddcde" -y -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -copyts -acodec ac3 -ab 128k -ac 2 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -sn -f mpegts /tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-1000000000070001-MPEG2TS.stf

Thank you for help
<<

peter1212

Serviio lover

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 pm

When adding a youtube playlist, it gets truncated at 25 videos. Ive added a playlist with over 50 videos and only the first 25 are listed. I played aroung with the "Max. number of feed items to retrieve" setting and it didnt help.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:39 pm

arno wrote:but when I run this (with "), it works

Serviio also use the " " for file/url path, but on the logging file they are removed.
So manually the ffmepg command line that serviio used works, you confirm ?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins