FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Metadata

<<

lordphantoz

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:13 am

Metadata

Can someone point me to where metadata is dealt with in serviio? I have some series that are being misinterpreted as movies and completely filling up the movies directory. Is metadata embeded in the files themselves?
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Metadata

If you label them correctly they should be picked up.

examples:

House Season 1 Episode 1
House Season 1 Episode 2

or

House S01E01
House S01E02

Some files already have metadata embedded but if they dont serviio goes here (thetvdb.com) to find matches.
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 pm

that reminds me that needs to go on the wiki

EDIT: full metadata information now on wiki: http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=metadata
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

lordphantoz

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the wiki link. Will be back when I've debugged what's going on...
<<

lordphantoz

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:16 pm

So, I'm inspecting my serviio instance with upnp-inspector. It shows a bunch of movies all "24:Redemption", which are actually the TV series, not the movies. Is there a way I can track an individual movie to the file serviio serves up on request? If I turn on detailed logging in serviio, is there a way to get more info on how the pattern matching is actually being resolved? My files look like this:

24.s05e01.avi

Which should match the first pattern from the wiki:

"file name includes S01E01, S1E2 or S1E01 (e.g. MySerie S01E02.avi)"

Unless of course case matters, which would be unfortunate.

The parent folder is /24/Season 5/

p.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:05 pm

lordphantoz wrote:So, I'm inspecting my serviio instance with upnp-inspector. It shows a bunch of movies all "24:Redemption", which are actually the TV series, not the movies. Is there a way I can track an individual movie to the file serviio serves up on request? If I turn on detailed logging in serviio, is there a way to get more info on how the pattern matching is actually being resolved? My files look like this:

24.s05e01.avi

p.

i would check the naming on IMDB.com

or try one of the renamer tools availibel fom this forum and the wiki pages

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=therenamer or viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4008
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:10 pm

lordphantoz wrote:So, I'm inspecting my serviio instance with upnp-inspector. It shows a bunch of movies all "24:Redemption", which are actually the TV series, not the movies. Is there a way I can track an individual movie to the file serviio serves up on request? If I turn on detailed logging in serviio, is there a way to get more info on how the pattern matching is actually being resolved? My files look like this:

24.s05e01.avi

p.

that does look ok and passes my test as well. you could enable detailed logging click Update video metadata on the metadata tab and check which web site it's going to (should be thetvdb.com, not themoviedb.org). NB: this will update metadata of all your files, if you want to try just this one you could just rename it slightly or move to another folder so that Serviio picks it as a new file.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:39 pm

i cant get to the site to check (company blocked it :( ) but i think the 24 tv series has to have (us) as part of the name for it to work:

So " 24 " would be liek this " 24 (us) "

just like these series

" House " has to be " House M.D " to work
" Prime Suspect " has to be " Prime Suspect (us) " to work
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

lordphantoz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:58 am

I ended up using filebot and batch renamed things. Might go back and turn on detailed logging on to debug a bit more.

What's the best practice with respect to one off shows that are not part of a series? E.g. I have some documentaries that I'd like to have available to my TV, but they're not really series or movies. Is there a way to get them visible only in the folders view?

p.

Return to General discussion