FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic BDT210

<<

ackwdw123

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:27 pm

Panasonic BDT210

Hi, I wanted to say hello to everyone. I recently came across Serviio and built it out. In a matter of hours I was streaming all of my home vacation videos to my Panasonic BDT210. I had to experiment with the various profiles at first, I found the profile that worked best was the profile that matched my TV. For some reason the pause, fwd and rev don't work with the Panasonic unit, but it does with the xbmc client on a desktop. So I have some research to do on that. Great work to everyone working on Serviio! Glad to be part of this community.

Thx,
~ack
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: Panasonic BDT210

For the fast forward and rewind are you using the keys made for that? What works with serviio is the left and right direction keys.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

ackwdw123

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:03 am

Hi, After looking at the certification document I'm wondering if this device has support for pause/pause release and seek. Can anyone confirm if this device doesn't have support for pause/pause release and seek ... http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG63206321.pdf . Seems straight forward, pardon the pun.

Thank you,
-ack
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:28 pm

ackwdw123 wrote:Hi, After looking at the certification document I'm wondering if this device has support for pause/pause release and seek. Can anyone confirm if this device doesn't have support for pause/pause release and seek ... http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG63206321.pdf . Seems straight forward, pardon the pun.

Thank you,
-ack

yep only thing supported is play and stop, so straight forward it is.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

jedge1939

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 am

Hi. I'm new to this forum. Thinking of buying a BDT-210 and interested in whether you are working from a Mac or a PC. I mainly use Mac Snow Leopard 10.6 with Airport Express (802.11n, WPA2 protected) , but also have a Windows 7 laptop and an XP desktop on the same network.

Thanks
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:41 pm

jedge1939 wrote:Hi. I'm new to this forum. Thinking of buying a BDT-210 and interested in whether you are working from a Mac or a PC. I mainly use Mac Snow Leopard 10.6 with Airport Express (802.11n, WPA2 protected) , but also have a Windows 7 laptop and an XP desktop on the same network.

Thanks

if you are buying this player for its DLNA feature my advise would be dont bother as its crap, go out and buy a sony or samsung unit they are 1,000,000x better
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

jedge1939

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks for the advice. How about the Samsung BD D6500
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 pm

jedge1939 wrote:Thanks for the advice. How about the Samsung BD D6500

i have not used the D series devices but samsung is one of the 2 best for DLNA ( sony being the other ) :) i have a C series bd-player and it works great :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

jedge1939

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanks.
<<

ackwdw123

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:39 am

I ended up creating a network share and connect to my files this way so I could have pause/rew/fwd. I wasn't sure why these wouldn't work when streaming but do work with accessing the files directly. If you are looking to stream, then this unit doesn't cut it missing pause/rew/fwd.
<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 am

This is an old thread, which probably predates version 1.70 of the BDT210 firmware. However, as of this version, the BDT210 does support pause, fast fwd, and rev, at least when using Windows Media Player 12. I can't confirm if this works with the current Serviio revision, because I do not have a working profile for this player.

In other words, the BDT210 DLNA certificate is out of date.
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Panasonic Viera TC-L32E3 LCD | Panasonic DMP-BDT210 | Windows 7 |
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:12 am

its highly unlikely that the cert would be out of date, as that would be commercial suicide for the maker not to keep it up to date, please can you test with serviio rather than WMP and confirm these findings as i suspect WMP would slightly different to any other DLNA devices as microsoft didnt stick to DLNA specs.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:25 pm

@Cerberus: Perhaps I should be more precise about the DLNA certificate.

I purchased the player end November 2011, and only been using it for about a month. The dlna certificate (pdf format) on the dlna.org web site is dated 7/05/2011. I used auto update to get v 1.70 firmware. I did NOT try the old firmware, so I have no way of knowing if it matched the certificate.

The dlna certificate only lists the the device as a DMP, even though it also functions as a DMR. (not sure the terminology, but basically it supports the "Play to" function in WMP 12. It registers automatically in WMP 12 with its default "DMP-BDT210", It does what I would expect, at least in media player. Not something I really care about, but I give this as example of something not listed on the certificate.

The certificate lists "Play" and "Stop" functions only, but Pause, Rev and Fwd all work, at least in media player. I have also found posts from BDT310 owners elsewhere, about functions which are new in v. 1.70 (I believe the 210 and 310 have the same software, just different hardware).

I would be happy to test w. Serviio (since that is the reason I am here, not WMP) but I do not have a working profile for the BDT210 as of now. In the status screen, so far it comes up as "Blu-ray Disc Player" and "Generic DLNA Profile". So, lists of videos show up, but do not play (no profile = no transcoding, I assume).

MP3 audio works fine, but I am not sure that is of any help.

If you want to suggest a specific video file type, or specific test, I would be happy to give it a shot.
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:28 pm

select the panasonic viera profile and try with that.

EDIT: can you also see if device is detected by device spy http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=device_sf
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Cerberus wrote:EDIT: can you also see if device is detected by device spy http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=device_sf
I'll take this first, b/c simpler: Not sure what this does, but I did try this earlier...

Edit (sorry, my bad, too much multi-tasking in the organic CPU):

The player shows up in Device Spy along with a list of about six other upnp devices, with its default name (I think default auto registration is turned on in the player settings right now).

Cerberus wrote:select the panasonic viera profile and try with that.

Tried that. That is the profile I am using with my TV (TC-L32E3), but it only seemed to work partially, or intermittently, and not on all video files. By the time I tried that profile w. the BDT210, I had already edited the profile to get .wtv files to play on the TV, so it is entirely possible I now have something that will not work. At the time, everything was falling in place, so I may have been premature changing the profile (sorry). I think the problem is some unrelated mistake I made setting up the transcoding, NOT with Serviio, and NOT with the fwd and rev functions.
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:19 pm

can you post the protocol information please as player does show up then a proper profile can be made for the Panasonic BDP
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Cerberus wrote:can you post the protocol information please as player does show up then a proper profile can be made for the Panasonic BDP

Sure, but where to start?? I am new to this forum, new to Serviio (only started digging in this past weekend, until then it seemed pretty much it just installed and worked), never used Device Spy until I followed a link from here (and I still don't know why my firewall is throwing exceptions when I run it), and there are pages of stuff when you drill down from the device name.... (!)
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (267.96 KiB) Viewed 17845 times
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 pm

no problem i dont mind talking you through it. :)

1. Expand the device's tree and find service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager:1
2. Expand that and double click on GetProtocolInfo(…). (Red Box)
3. Click on Invoke. (Yellow Box)
4. Copy information to motepad and save as txt file. (Green Box)
5. Attach the txt file here so that it can be looked at by the mods/admin here and a profile made up.

device spy.png
device spy.png (93.87 KiB) Viewed 17841 times
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Ok, I can do that... feel smarter already... :D
Oh wait, this is one long string of... :shock:
Never mind, still feel dumb... :lol:
Attachments
BDT210_GetProtocolInfo.txt
Panasonic BDT210 GetProtocolInfo
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:53 pm

PMI wrote:Ok, I can do that... feel smarter already... :D
Oh wait, this is one long string of... :shock:
Never mind, still feel dumb... :lol:

dont feel dumb i have no idea what most of that string means either thats one for illico and ZIP. ;)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Next

Return to Panasonic