FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic BDT210

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Re: Panasonic BDT210

ok to save you trying to wokr it out :roll: here an new edited profile just replace my old one.

Code:
<Profile id="21" name="Panasonic BDP" extendsProfileId="1">
      <ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.PacketVideoDLNAMessageBuilder</ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
      <SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/divx">AVI</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
          <!-- remux DTS/FLAC/LPCM/AAC in MKV/MP4/3GP to AC3 -->
           <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="matroska" />
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="3gp" /> 
         </Video>
            <!-- unsupported codecs will be transcoded into mpeg-ts, mpeg2video and ac3 audio -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">            
            <Matches container="avi" />
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
            <Matches container="wtv" /> 
         </Video>
            <Audio targetContainer="mp3"> 
            <Matches container="flac" />
         </Audio>
      </Transcoding>
   </Profile>

ok to recap (theres way to much transcoding for my liking we may have to try remuxing audio for some others once main ones are working)

mpeg - Should work as its natively supported
Mp4 - hopefully should now work
Mkv - hopefully should now work
3gp - hopefully should now work
avi - Working but transcoded to mpeg2
asf - Working but transcoded to mpeg2 (asf is wmv/wma)
ogg - Working but transcoded to mpeg2
flv - Working but transcoded to mpeg2
wtv - Working but transcoded to mpeg2
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Mp4 - hopefully should now work... not, but only tested 4-5
Mkv - hopefully should now work... definitely not
3gp - hopefully should now work... n/a
avi - Working but transcoded to mpeg2... yes, with above comments
asf - Working but transcoded to mpeg2 (asf is wmv/wma)... yes
ogg - Working but transcoded to mpeg2... n/a
flv - Working but transcoded to mpeg2... n/a
wtv - Working but transcoded to mpeg2... most, but not all. Pretty close on that one, the files that don't work prolly have something in common, I am just not seeing it...

( I am starting to wonder if we should have tried to get the Panasonic Viera Profile to work first, because it is almost there... :roll: )
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Panasonic Viera TC-L32E3 LCD | Panasonic DMP-BDT210 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:31 pm

PMI wrote:Mp4 - hopefully should now work... not, but only tested 4-5
Mkv - hopefully should now work... definitely not
3gp - hopefully should now work... n/a
avi - Working but transcoded to mpeg2... yes, with above comments
asf - Working but transcoded to mpeg2 (asf is wmv/wma)... yes
ogg - Working but transcoded to mpeg2... n/a
flv - Working but transcoded to mpeg2... n/a
wtv - Working but transcoded to mpeg2... most, but not all. Pretty close on that one, the files that don't work prolly have something in common, I am just not seeing it...(nothing more i can do with them)

( I am starting to wonder if we should have tried to get the Panasonic Viera Profile to work first, because it is almost there... :roll: )

i did start with panasonic profile LOL but tbh as we are going on and on evryone of these is now being transcoded to mpeg2 with ac3 so device is pointless., support is just to crap to be worth it.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Cerberus wrote:( I am starting to wonder if we should have tried to get the Panasonic Viera Profile to work first, because it is almost there... :roll: )

i did start with panasonic profile LOL but tbh as we are going on and on evryone of these is now being transcoded to mpeg2 with ac3 so device is pointless., support is just to crap to be worth it.[/quote]

What I meant was, the Panasonic Viera Profile does not work completely on the Panasonic Viera xxxxE3. It is much closer to working on the Panasonic Viera TV, than this new profile is to working on the BDT210. (And, more people seem to care about it)
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Panasonic Viera TC-L32E3 LCD | Panasonic DMP-BDT210 | Windows 7 |
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:05 pm

PMI wrote:
Cerberus wrote:( I am starting to wonder if we should have tried to get the Panasonic Viera Profile to work first, because it is almost there... :roll: )

i did start with panasonic profile LOL but tbh as we are going on and on evryone of these is now being transcoded to mpeg2 with ac3 so device is pointless., support is just to crap to be worth it.

What I meant was, the Panasonic Viera Profile does not work completely on the Panasonic Viera xxxxE3. It is much closer to working on the Panasonic Viera TV, than this new profile is to working on the BDT210. (And, more people seem to care about it)[/quote]

yer i agree if you wnat to start a new topic we can go though the TV stuff and leave the BDP as a dead loss.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

ackwdw123

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:09 pm

One note on the mkv files, they play fine via a network share. Is there any type of logging we can add to see why the streaming fails?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:12 pm

ackwdw123 wrote:One note on the mkv files, they play fine via a network share. Is there any type of logging we can add to see why the streaming fails?

Nope, and i can make all formats work but not worth it as everything would have to be mpeg2 and quality loss and cpu usage would be masssive.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

pondhockey1018

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 am

I am new to servio, and new to the panny 215 player (bought for netflix & DLNA). Anyway, I am trying to play .mts files with servio and they are very "choppy", as if they keep rebuffering. Is there a setting I need to flip the switch on? Everything is wired, so no wireless issues. Pictures work OK. I'm trying to decide to keep the panny or I also have a sony BX58 as the other option. I like the panny since it has the SD slot, but dislike some black flashes in netflix (sidebar issue). Anyway, trying to get the DLNA thing to work out. Files are on a laptop hard drive, and I'm hoping I can add files from a external drive as well and pull all this thru the 215 BD player. Help? Thanks in advance. Also, I noticed it does not play .avi files. Is there a "easy button" for that too?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 am

nope basicly after working with another use i found that every file has to be transcoded to such a low level to make it work ( there is only one combination that works with this device ) that it wasnt worth the hassle, and you better off going out and buying a sony or samsung device.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

pondhockey1018

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Cerberus wrote:nope basicly after working with another use i found that every file has to be transcoded to such a low level to make it work ( there is only one combination that works with this device ) that it wasnt worth the hassle, and you better off going out and buying a sony or samsung device.

The sony does the same thing, although seems to freeze up or react slower when trying to navigate. Anything else I can look into?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:42 pm

pondhockey1018 wrote:
Cerberus wrote:nope basicly after working with another use i found that every file has to be transcoded to such a low level to make it work ( there is only one combination that works with this device ) that it wasnt worth the hassle, and you better off going out and buying a sony or samsung device.

The sony does the same thing, although seems to freeze up or react slower when trying to navigate. Anything else I can look into?

post in sony section about the sony.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

pepsitheater

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Ok I am new here and new to DLNA but wanted to say I have had some success with the BDT210. I just set up the DLNA using serviio on my xp computer. I have only tried two file types. DVD files in a video ts folder play great with full pause, play, fwd, rwd, and stop capabilities. Video quality looks great and played smooth. I selected the Panasonic Viera profile and I was then also able to play the .mkv file I had. My disapointment was that I could not pause, fwd, or rwd that file type. If tried the video would just pause and not restart without going back and re opening the file. The video played smooth and looked of good quality. Note: I was only testing so i did not wath the whole of any movie, only a few minutes.

Warning if you switch to Samsung and want to watch a 3D movie beware...they are not fully compatable with Disney encryption on 3D discs. So you will sacrifice good playback to get better DLNA.

Not sure why the other users .mkv file did not work. I was logging in to this forum to see if i could find a fix for the pause, fwd, rwd functions on .mkv .
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 pm

pepsitheater wrote:Warning if you switch to Samsung and want to watch a 3D movie beware...they are not fully compatable with Disney encryption on 3D discs. So you will sacrifice good playback to get better DLNA.

update the firmware and it will work perfectly fine. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

pepsitheater

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Cerberus wrote:
pepsitheater wrote:Warning if you switch to Samsung and want to watch a 3D movie beware...they are not fully compatable with Disney encryption on 3D discs. So you will sacrifice good playback to get better DLNA.

update the firmware and it will work perfectly fine. :)

Did that last week. Went all the way to the top with service center. They admited they had no fix at this time and no time frame for a solution. They sent me a refund. That's why I bought the Panasonic. Too many negitive reviews on the Sony so I am giving this one a shot.

Well if anyone can figure out how to at least get the pause to function on the .mkv transcoding with Serviio and BDT210 that would be a beautiful thing!
<<

stbdtack

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:46 pm

I just ditched Twonky and am using Serviio for my Panasonic DMP-BDT210 on my iMac. Like the UI of Serviio much better and glad there is an active forum. I am having much of the same issues as being reported in this thread. There is no specific differences in how Twonky handled the different file formats versus Serviio. Same issues with both. I would like to get the latest profile for the 210 and give it a go and try and contribute to solving the issues. I would like to play mkv files. For the most part I have been transcoding everything to mpeg-2 vob files which work great after tranferring to my Tivo over WiFi but I have spotty results in DLNA streaming to the 210. SD formats seem to work well for streaming to the 210 but most HD files do not play even after transcoding to mpeg-2 vob. I either get 2 -3 seconds of the file and nothing else or a messgae that says the file cannot be read. I think my home network is fairly robust but maybe it is WiFi constraints. Are there buffer settings I can adjust? Any help would be appreciated and I would like to help everyone work through these issues and find a solution if there is one.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:55 pm

panasonic DLNA support was so shocking on the BDP i gave up with it, you can find the last profile i did for it on page 6 of this thread but i very much doubt you are going to get it to work your better off going out and buying a samsung or sony player.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

SiGGy

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:23 pm

So, I have this same player. I found an issue transcoding anything over 10Mbit to it. I had to limit the speed down to 9500. This is hardwired; I didn't test with Wifi. I kept getting video glitches. Might be able to push the aBitrate back up to 320.

This is my 1st time through with the config... I haven't finished tweaking it yet. I need to do a DLNA discovery on the device and see what all it supports before I can tweak it better. BUT this is playing all of my videos OK...

Code:
        <Profile id="BD210" name="Panasonic BD210 Player" extendsProfileId="1">
      <ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.PacketVideoDLNAMessageBuilder</ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/divx">AVI</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
            <!-- unsupported codecs will be transcoded into mpeg-ts, mpeg2video and ac3 audio -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" maxVBitrate="9500" aBitrate="192" DAR="16:9">           
            <Matches container="avi" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mjpeg" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <Matches container="3gp" />
            <Matches container="wtv" />
       <Matches container="matroska" /> 
         </Video>
            <Audio targetContainer="mp3">