FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pluging for veetle.com

<<

ritzzen

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Pluging for veetle.com

Hi,

Can we have plugin for veetle.com. It broadcast so many channels and would like to see played on my tv. I tried using live stream but no sucess.
Let me know if anyone made it work.

Thanks

Ritz
<<

JerseyJoe123

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:33 am

Re: Pluging for veetle.com

Yes, I would like to see this as well. Once on the channel page and playing the video, I've already figured out how to quickly identify the video stream URL with URLSnooper, but the reflector IP address and channel ID often changes from day to day. That means that every time it changes, I have to look at the new values and change them in the stream URL in Serviio. It would be nice if a plugin could do that automatically.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 am

JerseyJoe123 wrote:That means that every time it changes, I have to look at the new values and change them in the stream URL in Serviio. It would be nice if a plugin could do that automatically.

It can do that, you can set expiry date or mark the URL as expiresImmediately, which causes the URL to be retrieved every time a user requests the content.
<<

JonMMM

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 am

what are you entering in serviio to get Veetle?
<<

JerseyJoe123

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:31 am

First of all you need to have URL Snooper installed and running. Click on File in the menu bar and make sure that Advanced Mode is checked. Change to protocol filter to "Show All". Don't click on the "Sniff Network" button just yet, or URL Snooper will start collecting activity before you want it to.

If you go to the channels section in Veetle and click on a channel that you want to view. Let's say the channel name is called MyVideos2012 and the page URL is:

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4e05a80aafe38

Side note: The channel ID number is the alpha numeric string after the # sign, In this case, "4e05a80aafe38". If a Veetle user's channel stops broadcasting and then starts up again, the channel ID number changes to a new value, even though it is still called the MyVideos2012 channel.

If the channel is already playing, now click on the "Sniff Network" button. Then refresh the channel page in your browser. Go back to URL Snooper and watch what is being captured. After about 30 or so lines, you will see a URL line that looks similar to:

http://213.254.245.197/flv/4e05a80aafe3 ... 4720439613

You can click on the Stop Search button in URL Snooper at this point. The format of the URL is always the same:

http://<IP address>/flv/<channel ID number>?x.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Side Note: The IP address in the URL is the IP of the reflector, and will be different depending which reflector happens to be steaming the video feed at the time. The characters after the question mark are stream arguments or something. You can ignore them.

Right click on the URL in URL Snooper and select "Copy Selected URL(s) to clipboard (strip all args)". What you will get is:

http://213.254.245.197/flv/4e05a80aafe38

This is the URL that you paste into Serviio. Choose "Live stream" as the Source type.

Because the channel ID number can change, and the reflector IP also changes, the URL of the Veetle channel you put in Serviio may work for only a few hours or for a week or more, so long as neither of them change.

Also, the main channel page serves up the list of channels dynamically via some sort of PHP script or something. The channel URLs don't appear in the page source HTML, so you can't use something like Feed43.com to scrape an RSS feed. When you try, the scraper returns the default Most Popular feeds listing, instead of the feeds of the Veetle channel category page that you are on, and really want.

This is why a plugin would be handy. I'm not really a coder.

Hope this helps.

Return to Plugin requests