FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

flv transcoding problem/question

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:46 pm

flv transcoding problem/question

I am attempting to test the performance of various flavours of on-line streaming. The source streams are all h264.flv files.
As I understand it I have 3 choices.

1) remux the stream to h264.mpeg-ts
2) transcode the stream to mpeg2video.mpeg-ts
and 3) per your post http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5939&p=42797&hilit=flv#p42796
just leave it as native h264.flv

First question- Is the above correct?

Using the default profiles the Samsung C-D profile, h264.flv are remuxed to h264.mpeg-ts ie: option 1

If I remove the flv line as suggested in the profile for TV's that can play h264.flv natively, and add vCodec="vp6" parameters to the following flv transcoding rule then h264.flv's should not be remuxed and should attempt to play as native h264.flv ie: option 3

After doing this I can confirm that video/flv-x formats are sent to the TV and local files in video/flv-x format play correctly, however Online streams in video/flv-x format are rejected by the tv as invalid file format and the log contains:
  Code:
2012-04-25 14:26:27,956 WARN  [ResourceDeliveryProcessor] Error while processing resource, sending back 404 error. Message: Cannot retrieve online media item URL: unknown protocol: rtmp

Second question - This is contrary to my understanding of your post that says flv are streamable, so I'm wondering why a local file in video/flv-x format will play but the online stream in video/flv-x format issues a message and will not.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: flv transcoding problem/question

jhb50 wrote:After doing this I can confirm that video/flv-x formats are sent to the TV and local files in video/flv-x format play correctly, however Online streams in video/flv-x format are rejected by the tv as invalid file format and the log contains:
  Code:
2012-04-25 14:26:27,956 WARN  [ResourceDeliveryProcessor] Error while processing resource, sending back 404 error. Message: Cannot retrieve online media item URL: unknown protocol: rtmp

Serviio doesn't understand rtmp (or rtsp, udp, applehttp) protocols. So it has to go through FFmpeg and remux.

Return to Video streams