FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung 60D7000 Online Source playback timeout

<<

ralphchrisdavis

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Samsung 60D7000 Online Source playback timeout

I have a 60D7000 Samsung TV and a BD-D5500 Samsung blue ray player. Both work well with my local MP3 and JPG files using Serviio. Both have problems with Online Source playback. They will play the Online Source content for about 30 seconds and then stop like they reached the end of a media file.

The Online Source is the MP3 weather radio player from Weather Underground. (http://audiostream.wunderground.com/Dix ... eather.mp3) However I have my own online MP3 encoder (RadioFeed) that does the same thing. Either source will play all day long with Serviio when streaming to my Android tablet. For that reason I would have to assume that the problem is either Serviio’s Samsung Profile or the Samsung media player software. Since I probably don’t stand a chance of getting Samsung to do anything I am hoping there might be a fix via the Serviio Profile.

In looking at the Profiles.xml file it appears that my TV and the blue ray player are using the same profile. Although I have no idea what to look for in the profile that might cause this problem. I have seen this question asked before in the forums but the person never receive a solution to their problem. Does anyone have any ideas?
<<

ralphchrisdavis

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Samsung 60D7000 Online Source playback timeout

Bump....
<<

ralphchrisdavis

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Bump again. Hasn't anyone seen this problem before? It seems like it might be related to the reported media length.
<<

olli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:45 pm

ralphchrisdavis wrote:I have a 60D7000 Samsung TV and a BD-D5500 Samsung blue ray player. Both work well with my local MP3 and JPG files using Serviio. Both have problems with Online Source playback. They will play the Online Source content for about 30 seconds and then stop like they reached the end of a media file.

The Online Source is the MP3 weather radio player from Weather Underground. (http://audiostream.wunderground.com/Dix ... eather.mp3) However I have my own online MP3 encoder (RadioFeed) that does the same thing. Either source will play all day long with Serviio when streaming to my Android tablet. For that reason I would have to assume that the problem is either Serviio’s Samsung Profile or the Samsung media player software. Since I probably don’t stand a chance of getting Samsung to do anything I am hoping there might be a fix via the Serviio Profile.

In looking at the Profiles.xml file it appears that my TV and the blue ray player are using the same profile. Although I have no idea what to look for in the profile that might cause this problem. I have seen this question asked before in the forums but the person never receive a solution to their problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Please take a look at http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5705&p=41738&hilit=online+mp3#p41738.

Inserting
  Code:
    <OnlineTranscoding>
    [...]

<Audio targetContainer="mp3">
             <Matches container="mp3" />
        </Audio>

</OnlineTranscoding>
into your TV profile will work.
<<

ralphchrisdavis

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Thank you very much. That is GREAT information. I have inserted the audio transcoding lines in the XML file and will test it tonight and post my results.
<<

ralphchrisdavis

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Thank you, Thank you. I inserted the recommended lines. There were no Audio lines in the initial profile. Both of my audio streams now play perfectly and no longer quit after a few seconds.

Can I assume that the streams I was attempting to play had no or invalid headers and that the transcoding in Serviio inserts a valid header where there wasn’t one?
<<

olli

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:51 pm

ralphchrisdavis wrote:Thank you, Thank you. I inserted the recommended lines. There were no Audio lines in the initial profile. Both of my audio streams now play perfectly and no longer quit after a few seconds.

Can I assume that the streams I was attempting to play had no or invalid headers and that the transcoding in Serviio inserts a valid header where there wasn’t one?

Fine it's working for you. In matters of headers: this is my assumption too. But I don't know anything about transcoding. You have to ask in the specialized forum.

Cheers,
Olaf

Return to Samsung