FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cannot jump to point when watching pure DTS file

<<

goldme

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Cannot jump to point when watching pure DTS file

I have the following combination:

LG hx722 blu-ray player + serviio on synology nas DS212J.

Everything works great with the LG TV/player profile. All MKV files play normally. I noticed however that I could not jump to a certain point in the file on some movies. Other files payed correctly, I could fast forward them and jump to certain points in the file. I pinpointed the problem to the audio codec used in the files. I compared the files where I could jump to the files where I could not jump:

All the files that had AC3 as the audio format played correctly and I could also jump to certain points in the file as expected
All the files that had DTS as the audio format played correctly. The LG blu ray player also showed the DTS symbol correctly as the audio format of the movie being played. The sound was also present. I can fast forward normally. The only thing I cannot do is jump to a certain point in the file.

When the DTS file is played from disk attached directly to the blu-ray player I can also use the jump to feature.

I know that the hx722 supports DTS natively. That is why I disabled transcoding completely in Serviio. I do not understand why I am missing the jump to feature in the DTS files. Can anyone help me with this one?

Other than this problem Serviio rocks!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Re: Cannot jump to point when watching pure DTS file

If you turned off transcoding then this would be a feature of the player (ie they probably disabled it for DTS files)
<<

goldme

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 am

Re: Cannot jump to point when watching pure DTS file

It turned out that if I host the Serviio server on a laptop all the options are working (including jump to). The Synology Serviio and laptop Serviio are configured exactly the same. I guess it has something to do with the Synology host. I have uninstalled serviio on the synology and now use the serviio on my laptop.

Thanks for the help.

Return to LG