FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Constant drop outs

<<

blakek4

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Constant drop outs

Hiya,

FIrstly, great software been ripping my hair out with the Samsung PC Share Manager software. It almost cause a riot at my house on New Year eves because it failed so many times when streaming music into the front room. Serviio has fixed that however......

When I try to stream video normally HD video I get disconnected after a minute or so. The error comes up as "Disconnected Home xxxx" and the icon for the home PC is missing. I need to reboot the Blu-Ray Player for it to see the Serviio server. The setup I have is:-

Samsung Blu-Ray DVD 7.1 Home Cinema System HT-C6730W connected to SAMSUNG 46" LED TV UE46C6530. The Blu-Ray player is connected to the network. My PC is an HP Media Centre. All connected at 100meg to a 3 com hub/switch.

I am getting the same problem on a number of different video types, i.e. .avi .mkv and .mp4. I have run Norton Performance software and when it is streaming the PC is not working more than 30%. Streaming music is no problem.

So frustrating so any help would be fantastic please??

Thanks for taking a look.

Kelvin
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Constant drop outs

just a thought, does the player support firmware updates and if so, do you have up-to-date version?
<<

blakek4

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Hiya,

Thanks for such a quick response.

It does in fact I was prompted to update the firmware at the weekend so it is fully up to date.

Kelvin
<<

blakek4

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Just a thought. I am going to download the serviio software and put it onto a spare laptop I have. Its a new one so pretty powerful. I just want to eliminate the different component in this setup....

Race against time. I have friends coming to watch Inception on Thursday night and I want to stream it....... need to aviod another riot!

Thanks again. WIll let you know once I have done the laptop bit...

Kelvin
<<

blakek4

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Update on this problem.

I transferred a 1080p film to the Lenovo Laptop running Windows 7. It has less ram than the HP Media Centre PC but a newer processor, it runs a Centrino. Without running Serviio the Samsung unit picked up the shared folder and streamed over a 100m network no problem at all.

So it worked for tonight.

That gave me an idea. I wiped the HP Media Centre machine and installed Windows 7. It now streams no problem also. I am going to use the Serviio software still because it works better for music with the Samsung unit. If you try and stream music just using the Window 7 folder share it does not give you access to folders. Its only playlists, artists etc. which is frustrating as all my music is in folder order but with Serviio it gives that access.

I just think the Media Centre PC whilst it has been upgraded once with additional memory it was in need of a wipe and new operating software. Even though it is over 6 years old it is performing well. This has saved me a whole lot of cash from purchasing a NAS solution, although I may do that soon as I am now running out of disk space, through to buying a new main PC.

Thanks for your response and all the best.

Kelvin
<<

rustex007

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:27 am

I've Samsung BD-C6500/XAA blue ray player which wirelessly connects via my D-Link router to my PC - Windows XP Media Home Edition.
I've used Samsung PC Share Manager - and files streamed are being cut off in the beginning, sometimes after playing for 5-10 minutes.
I've found out about Serviio today and quickly downloaded, installed and configured the program. Experiencing the same cutoffs.
Now, I've enabled DEBUG mode as described on this forum and interesting thing shows up in log. It appears periodically connection gets reset - hence the cut off. Don't know what's causing these resets - but it certainly interferes with the stream. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Mike
PS. It looks like only the share managers have this issue as Netflix and other services appear to be working fine...
<<

tkos

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Just a thought. I found out that my torrent client utorrent uses UPnP to find the fastest ports (or something like that). This was apparently messing up DLNA connection to my C6500, causing it to drop out for no reason. When I don't run utorrent the connection is stable. maybe you have the same software or another piece of software that is using UPnP?

Return to Samsung